Animation | Mönaugärten

Please post finished works here.
Steel

Animation | Mönaugärten

Post by Steel »

Here one of our latest animation rendered with kray.
Problem was to get some acceptable render time. Realistic
and fast surfacing of vegetation is still one of my problems :(

[youtube]i02Kc3dfOyo[/youtube]

Greetings :)
Janusz Biela

Re: Animation | Mönaugärten

Post by Janusz Biela »

Good renders and post processing :wink:
Time per frame?
Steel

Post by Steel »

Thx Janusz.

Render times was between 10min-30min per frame on very fast workstation.
In post i have used denoiser plugin to reduce noise flickering.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Steel wrote:Thx Janusz.

Render times was between 10min-30min per frame on very fast workstation.
In post i have used denoiser plugin to reduce noise flickering.
Actually this Noise which come from QMC (We have no choice with rendering leafs - it must be low Uncache setting which make noise) I use in After Effect mask for leafs. This mask allow me use Denoiser only on the leafs so rest scene doesn`t lose surface quality. Unfortunately there is no solution for this problem. In K3 and new engine we will be allow to render these surfaces with normal setting...so whole scene will be render in Final Gathering.

I suggest use also new Spline tracking camera which allow track camera move smoothly (with constant same speed). This is very easy to do and this option offer really ultimate control for animation. Apparently this is one of the best improvement in Lightwave :). If somebody is interested in, how use this system I can make basic scene with explanation.

For mask I use last time: Primatte Keyer plugin - it offer incredible quality masks:
[youtube]yFEjoILNqxQ[/youtube]
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

Janusz biela how do u did ur tracking with ae to lw without problem show us the tricks thank u very much .
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

If you mean this (parking before super market near my house, video done by old mobile phone):

[youtube]bYnvhTLOsps[/youtube]

You can do it in many ways:
- track points by Mocha tracking software (professional way but very difficult)
- track points by Tracker module build in in After Effect

This video has no video stabilize effect (I wanted check how tracking points will be detected with strong shaking video) Tracked point I exported to Lightwave. Because Kray doesn`t support Shadow Catcher I had to render car in LW Native Engine Render (awkward AA and quality...)
Car can be compose also in After Effect (better way and more professional) but before that Track points must be exported to Lightwave and use for position of object. After render with ID buffers you must back to After effect and compose with original video.

Important is that, Lightwave and After Effect has perfect interchange of Nulls, lights and camera....why last time I do not use LW/Kray because most of the time I spend with AE . There is huge amount of effects by composition...so less rendering and more post processing :wink:
khan973

Post by khan973 »

nice rendering, what were your AA settings?