Nordic center Planica

Please post finished works here.
medzo

Nordic center Planica

Post by medzo »

Hi
I would like to share with you a project I just finished.

http://vimeo.com/23804388
jure

Re: Nordic center Planica

Post by jure »

Awesome! Nice camera work and nice comping! Congrats!
- Jure
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Great WORK :!: :!: :!: :shock:
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Really nice!
It just bothers me when cameras have motions they wouldn't have in real life (event with helico, or crane).
It gives a 3D feeling.
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

to me too fast camera motion :evil:
confusing :evil:
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

nice project, great animations and stills! do you mind to share a few 'snow' tricks? procedurals? nodes?

cheers

markus
thomas

Post by thomas »

Wow! Amazing work! Congratulations!

I like the fast camera motions in a way, because they make the movie very dynamic and inspiring. The problem is that they are so perfectly smooth that they indeed give away the 3D nature of the images, which gives the whole scene a feel of looking at a scale model (instead of something in it's real life size). At least I think this is why I'm getting the feeling of looking at a scale model instead of a big mountain.

If you'd speed up helicopter shot footage in the same way, the slow jittering of the helicopter flight would be sped up into a more noticeable jitter or camera shake in some parts, which might look more realistic.

But to be honest, I don't care too much about that. Photorealism is not the goal here in the sense that people can't know that it is rendered. I'm assuming people seeing this will know that it's a visualisation of a project that still needs to be built, and it captures a good sense of excitement as well as showing the look of the finished site and buildings, so A+ from me!

Thomas