Small image with higher DPI in Kray

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
azman_821009

Small image with higher DPI in Kray

Post by azman_821009 »

Hi everyone,

How do i increase resolution of rendered image, say, from 72 to 300dpi in Kray, but maintaining the image size. If I'm not mistaken, they have this option in Vray. Some of my friends, users of 3d's Max, used do that. Small image but with higher dpi.

Thanks.

Azmen
jure

Re: Small image with higher DPI in Kray

Post by jure »

azman_821009 wrote:Hi everyone,

How do i increase resolution of rendered image, say, from 72 to 300dpi in Kray, but maintaining the image size. If I'm not mistaken, they have this option in Vray. Some of my friends, users of 3d's Max, used do that. Small image but with higher dpi.

Thanks.

Azmen
No. Rendering engines render out pixels and not dots per inch or anything like that. DPI doesn't tell you anything about image size, it only says how close the dots will be printed on paper.

So to do what you want you can use any of the popular image processing programs like Photoshop, Irfanview, Xnview...
- Jure
Alexos

Post by Alexos »

Also note that a smaller image with higher dpi won't give you anything in terms of actual resolution: a 20*20 cm image at 72dpi is exactly the same as a 5*5 cm at 300 dpi - still about 600*600 pixels.
If you need a precise print size at a predefined dpi resolution use Lightwave's own DPI camera plug-in, which will do the math for you and set your camera accordingly.

ADP.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

This is useful tool for you :D
Attachments
DPI_Camera.rar
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Thanks for the plug-in Janusz. It useful.. :mrgreen: