2.1-> 2.2 Sun Softness

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
3D-Reality

2.1-> 2.2 Sun Softness

Post by 3D-Reality »

Could it be that the effect of the sun softness parameter changes from version 2.1-> 2.2 ?

I get some different result with new version. The shadow quality looks more splotchy. Is it in version 2.2 still usefull to use the command mportancegammamultiplier 1.1;?

thx
jure

Re: 2.1-> 2.2 Sun Softness

Post by jure »

3D-Reality wrote:Could it be that the effect of the sun softness parameter changes from version 2.1-> 2.2 ?

I get some different result with new version. The shadow quality looks more splotchy. Is it in version 2.2 still usefull to use the command mportancegammamultiplier 1.1;?

thx
There was one change with sun softness - you can now control the "graininess" of the shadow through Kray Quality Tab - Area light min/max controls.

You can still use importancegammamultiplier command if you want.
- Jure
3D-Reality

Post by 3D-Reality »

For me it seems that the shadow get more soft too. And to get the graininess under control i have to increase the min recursion for area light quality from 2 -> 3. But this means much more render time for whole image.
I think for my current project i will switch back to old version.
Attachments
otutput_kray_2_2.jpg
otutput_kray_2_2.jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 3924 times
otutput_kray_2_1.jpg
otutput_kray_2_1.jpg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 3924 times
jure

Post by jure »

3D-Reality wrote:For me it seems that the shadow get more soft too. And to get the graininess under control i have to increase the min recursion for area light quality from 2 -> 3. But this means much more render time for whole image.
I think for my current project i will switch back to old version.
I could separate min/max recursions for Physical Sun from the rest but this means more controls inside KrayPhySky panel where there's already lots of controls. If more users request this then I'll change it.
- Jure
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Help !
the new version bug in the sun shadows !!
And more dark shadows in all zone!!
Attachments
help
help
jure

Post by jure »

Read my post above.
- Jure
dee

Post by dee »

jure wrote:I could separate min/max recursions for Physical Sun from the rest but this means more controls inside KrayPhySky panel where there's already lots of controls. If more users request this then I'll change it.
Yes please, change it, having longer rendertimes for the same result is not good.