Wip

Please post finished works here.
sepo

Wip

Post by sepo »

I have somewhat special version and was not sure if it is good idea to post but hey ....

sepo

Re: Wip

Post by sepo »

No comments from anyone....hmmm
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

sepo wrote:No comments from anyone....hmmm
please update Your scenes.... :P
plants, stuff etc. Not that much PS...it is too candy.... :D
jure

Post by jure »

Johny_quick wrote:
says the one who makes purple skies... :twisted:

Btw. you must know this is not Kray for Lightwave...
- Jure
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

Sketchup?
sepo

Post by sepo »

Johny_quick wrote:
First image needs some treess in background but the others are fine..... Candy.....lol ... I've seen your renders Johny ;)
sepo

Post by sepo »

Jure is of course correct. This is Podium V2 Beta . Version 2 has special version of Kray under the hood. For you who are not aware Podium is render plugin for Sketchup.
bigstick

Post by bigstick »

This has been work in progress for a long time. Well over 2 years, but probably 5 years since the project was first planned.
There are lots of ways that the SketchUp project has pushed Kray development forward. Presets and physical sky are just 2 things but I think there are more. Tonemapping for physical sky, per-material AA settings, and more options for the render status bar I think are 3 more.

Some of these things had been requested before or were part of Grzegorz's plans, and our requests just pushed them up the priority list. I don't know how many, if any were original requests.

Podium doesn't have any of Kray's UI flexibility, and not all the features. It is intended to be high quality rendering (with Kray's power) for beginners. All the render parameters can be configured in the presets.

I think it will be a good thing for you (Lightwave) guys. Anything which raises Kray's profile is good in my opinion. It is a fantastic engine and the more people that know about it the better.

Of course you guys are the real professionals, and your work should always be higher quality.

Sepo's images are with the very first beta of Podium with an incomplete UI. His renders are true 'one click' renders. We have quite a way to catch up, but eventually hope to keep chasing you in terms of quality, pushing you to get better and hopefully learning from you all the time. We hope to be almost like Kray's somewhat less talented younger brother! :)

If any of you are prepared to help out with advice, criticism and guidance, whether here or on our own forum we would really appreciate it. I have already learned a lot from everyone's generosity in sharing their settings. You have a great community with some fantastically talented people and I would like to thank everyone very much for their time and assistance.

We are all part of the wider Kray community after all and we want our engine to be known for fantastic quality.

Thanks again to everyone, and I hope you will still help out some more!
Last edited by bigstick on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
sepo

Post by sepo »

This scene I imported to Sketchup from LW. Big thanks to Jure for the scene. It rendered in about 1hour and half.

sepo

Post by sepo »

OK this is something completely different. Black Hawk rendered in 3min. and 4 sec, 1916x957 on laptop.

silverlw

Post by silverlw »

I like your candy style Sepo. Is it Photoshop or straight from Podium?
/JS
sepo

Post by sepo »

Thanks silverlw. It is combo of Podium and Photoshop. All were rendered with our Beta 01 and not yet fully developed presets. ;)
sepo

Post by sepo »

Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year
sepo

Post by sepo »

hot and dry summer day ...Australia ? maybe ...some pp no entourage....

zonah

Post by zonah »

This is free?

I find this in a pirate soft page....

http://www.51render.com/post/SU_Podium.php