Living Room

Please post finished works here.
talats

Living Room

Post by talats »

here another interior test combining Physical Sky (and physical sun), area lights and tone blending.
Waiting for your feedback

Roberto
Attachments
salone00004.jpg
salone00003.jpg
salone00002.jpg
salone00001.jpg
_mats_

Re: Living Room

Post by _mats_ »

nice !

I think it looks really good.

There is some GI issue on the glass shelf, where it meets the wall, do you have caustics on? or maybe are you computing GI for the glass? I tend to flag secondary glass elements as "unseen by GI" to cut render times and avoid GI issues.

looking good Roberto !!
khan973_forum

Post by khan973_forum »

Nice, but I think materials need some work. Look at the reflection on the left side of TV, be sure you have the right smooth angle or unweld that plane.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Good renders. A bit empty. Some part looks as Fprime so....
1/ try tonemaping Reinhard (gamma 1.8/exponential 2.2) in blend mode setup ~30% 0 this mean 70% for exponential, 30% for gamma)+ LWF gamma 1.8 Shader
2/ last time I looking good POWER from Kray but imho Power 1.0 is the best with recurse 15 (this is minimum and maximum :wink: )
3/ yes I see one problem with Area Ligts : SHADOWS , it is too strong effect, I wrote to G. mail asking to fix problem in KraySurfaceShader with Invisible Lumi Poly. better is put Lumi Poly wth behavior as Area light (fater render, soft shadows, etc) but now whan we hidea it we don`t see light.
4/ it is very IMPORTANT put extra light into windows (physky must be weak ~5 exposure)
5/ good idea is turn OFF physky SUN and add normal Spot with PowerShader (maximum 2 or 3) So fill light is from physky and extra light from widows.
talats

Post by talats »

Johny_quick wrote:Good renders. A bit empty. Some part looks as Fprime so....
1/ try tonemaping Reinhard (gamma 1.8/exponential 2.2) in blend mode setup ~30% 0 this mean 70% for exponential, 30% for gamma)+ LWF gamma 1.8 Shader
2/ last time I looking good POWER from Kray but imho Power 1.0 is the best with recurse 15 (this is minimum and maximum :wink: )
3/ yes I see one problem with Area Ligts : SHADOWS , it is too strong effect, I wrote to G. mail asking to fix problem in KraySurfaceShader with Invisible Lumi Poly. better is put Lumi Poly wth behavior as Area light (fater render, soft shadows, etc) but now whan we hidea it we don`t see light.
4/ it is very IMPORTANT put extra light into windows (physky must be weak ~5 exposure)
5/ good idea is turn OFF physky SUN and add normal Spot with PowerShader (maximum 2 or 3) So fill light is from physky and extra light from widows.

Wow, the superhuman in rendering, mr Janusz, says to me "good renders" :oops:
I think this is the best thing happened to me since I use Kray! :mrgreen: I've alredy called the Italian Governement to ask if it's possible to make this day a National Day :mrgreen:

Thanks for your advice, I am going to make changes you advised me.

Best regards

Roberto
brownie

Post by brownie »

I've always read that a good value for power was around 0.5.

One word about this change?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

brownie wrote:I've always read that a good value for power was around 0.5.

before we don`t have Reinhard blanding and LWF...but 0.5 is a bit too small, redners going to Raytracing view. IF You like 0.5 this is good but You must thing how raise colours in renders (power shader for light, LWF, reinhard) I trayed many things but I thing we must keep 0.7-1.0 Power in Kray. Key is in good tonempaing (need experiment with difference tonamepers in reinhard - this is possible in Kray)
Attachments
setup.jpg
talats

Post by talats »

brownie wrote:I've always read that a good value for power was around 0.5.

I think, about power, that it depend from a series of variables

For example, you can use a value of 2, but in order to do that you have to decrease diffuse values on material... Or you can use 0.5, but increase Light Power using Photon Power Multiply Shader... It depend from a lot of factor and, according to my little and short experience, there are different ways ad settings (in scene settings) to obtain the same effect (or similar effect).

At the end, it is necessary to experiment in order to find a personal workflow. It is also important taking care of technical advises from people who know more (tone blending values, Lights and textures settings ecc.), but it also important to understand that are just good advises as far as they work well (imho, it is much more than possible that a good advise doesn't work for every scene)...

In other words, some technical advise are not a fixed rules (while some other are), but they work as far as you understand what are you doing...

A couple of day ago, Jure told me to look at Kray website gallery and compare those rendering to mines and see at wich level I am. Right know I don't think to have mastered Lightwave and Kray (I am really far from this), but I think that I am become better day by day, especially thanks to people like Jure o Jhony, Matt, Nico, Erwin and other guys from skype help channel that are always available to help...

Over this, there is proarch 2 :mrgreen: (jhony, phedian: when will you release it? :mrgreen: )

Roberto