Recent Interior

ZodiaQ

Recent Interior

Post by ZodiaQ »

Here's a recent interior shot done in K3. I'm not an expert at interiors at all. Actually I only do a handfull interiors every year. That's why it's always a struggle to get the results i want. Not only technical but also composition and choice of furniture or colors, they tend to change lots of times during the project before it's settled. K3 though is a real pleasure to work with, it's very easy to get the room well lit. And the GI solution is beautyful.
AA G3 recurse 40. Not gonna talk about render times with my ancient quad core machine lol.
INT_A_00.jpg
INT_A_01.jpg
INT_A_02.jpg
INT_A_03.jpg
INT_A_04.jpg
INT_A_v19_FIN_OVERRIDE00000.jpg
INT_A_v19_FIN_OVERRIDE00001.jpg
INT_A_v19_FIN_OVERRIDE00002.jpg
INT_A_v19_FIN_OVERRIDE00003.jpg
INT_A_v19_FIN_OVERRIDE00004.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Recent Interior

Post by Janusz Biela »

Override images shows that K3 is KING with quality - almost impossible recognize is Photon Mapping or Path Tracing.
G. soon will add LightPortals for Lightmap system so this noise which is produced by background light sources will disappear or will be less visible.
Design is grayish so we can do nothing with this.
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

It's Photon mapping
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

AVLKray wrote:It's Photon mapping
Yes it is PM but it looks like Path Tracing :wink:
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

I will do PT test for comparison :D
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

congrats bro. for your render you see . you dig you make magic happen im happy for you :D ^^ . you did great job.

i put in attachement render i did with k3 you see thos white in my render is 255 255 255 color and defuse 85 . i think this is maximum for pure white we have amazing tonemaping system u can play with it . so put ur wall all in 85 defuse 255 255 255 white color and adjust your lighting based on that u will see ^^ . i use always : gamma expotential not tanh. u have tanh system inside gamma and exp.
Attachments
6min
6min
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Keraressi Abdelkarim wrote:congrats bro. for your render you see . you dig you make magic happen im happy for you :D ^^ . you did great job.

i put in attachement render i did with k3 you see thos white in my render is 255 255 255 color and defuse 85 . i think this is maximum for pure white we have amazing tonemaping system u can play with it . so put ur wall all in 85 defuse 255 255 255 white color and adjust your lighting based on that u will see ^^ . i use always : gamma expotential not tanh. u have tanh system inside gamma and exp.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't want the walls to become too white and i use slight noise texture on wall.
And like I said with my ancient slow machine it's almost impossible to tweak lighting / materials. It takes ages to test render each surface. VPR on this machine isn't realy a benefit. Hopefully I will get new machine soon so I can do much faster testing and tweaking.
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

To be honest there are so many variables to play with, that has always been my problem. Where to start? All interacts with each other. You can play with sun exposure sun resize, sky exposure, tonemap parameter / exposure. The question is always what is the right combination. I mostly end up just hitting values till something good comes out, or just copy sample scene settings ....
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

AVLKray wrote:To be honest there are so many variables to play with, that has always been my problem. Where to start? All interacts with each other. You can play with sun exposure sun resize, sky exposure, tonemap parameter / exposure. The question is always what is the right combination. I mostly end up just hitting values till something good comes out, or just copy sample scene settings ....
Nice ^^ . because is everything work on Defuse . ^^ .
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

First frame but now PT, indeed you cannot see the difference! :D
INT_A_v19_FIN_PT00000.jpg
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

AVLKray wrote:First frame but now PT, indeed you cannot see the difference! :D

...except horrible time render. But is not that bad...if you used 40 bounce lights that`s the World Record.
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Janusz Biela wrote:
AVLKray wrote:First frame but now PT, indeed you cannot see the difference! :D

...except horrible time render. But is not that bad...if you used 40 bounce lights that`s the World Record.
Yes same settings, recurse 40. rendertime was roughly 50% longer
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

To make same quality time will be around 300-600%. But this is pure 40 PT bounce lights!
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Half resolution this time. Crancked SUN and did some tonemap adjustments. Maybe overdid it this time probably should end up somewhere in between. :)
INT_A_TEST_NEWSETTINGS_v300000.jpg
INT_A_TEST_NEWSETTINGS_v300001.jpg
INT_A_TEST_NEWSETTINGS_v300002.jpg
INT_A_TEST_NEWSETTINGS_v300003.jpg
INT_A_TEST_NEWSETTINGS_v300004.jpg
artattak

Post by artattak »

good job.