K 3.02 official release

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

K 3.02 official release

Postby Janusz Biela » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm

I think G. forgot inform me about upload or I misunderstood information when we talked last time.
Change log:

Code: Select all

3.01 15-01-2018
- optimized geometry memory usage
- faster ray cache build
- experimental fast scene import
- new tanH tone mapper allows to control shadows and bright areas contrast
- post processing (including tone mapping) real time preview
- Kray3Output now allows to save or resend last rendered image
- bug fixes:
    ID map cycle
    Unseen through glass not working
    Save image without extension


No need to add commands for Turbo Mode (build in Core). Turbo Mode also use 2 CPU for loading scene.
Stability ...again next level of masterpiece!

I think I have version which has other bugs fixed (less important for this release).

Best tone map control in my opinion right now:
T1.png
T1.png (13.04 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

T2.png
T2.png (24.25 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

ZodiaQ
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby ZodiaQ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:06 am

Thx! Going great

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby Janusz Biela » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 pm

Please post me if there are some problems with Turbo Mode: freeze during loading before render engine starts or crash during loading.
If you get that situation, export it and send me via wetransfer.

3.02 is really very good and stable version! We had some steps back before ...but again G. pushed up to limits code :)

Like you see G. do updates now very often: no need dig in Core now - simply we add features.

ZodiaQ
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby ZodiaQ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:49 pm

No problems with turbo loader, not even in huge scene with 227objects , 7m polys
Have been fighting a crash for hours however in this old K2 scene which i want to update to K3, using the 50% rule to eliminate objects and test render again, turned out some material (on an older object) used Dielectric node that results in a mid render crash. Now it renders happily :)
Really starting to like K3 :D :D

edit : get crashes though when changing some values during VPR active (PhySky values and override)

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby Janusz Biela » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:47 pm

AVLKray wrote:No problems with turbo loader, not even in huge scene with 227objects , 7m polys
Have been fighting a crash for hours however in this old K2 scene which i want to update to K3, using the 50% rule to eliminate objects and test render again, turned out some material (on an older object) used Dielectric node that results in a mid render crash. Now it renders happily :)
Really starting to like K3 :D :D

edit : get crashes though when changing some values during VPR active (PhySky values and override)


Be careful with 3-th part plugins...we do not support them (dielectric, DP)
VPR is still in development freeze. We wait for proper time to move it further.

ZodiaQ
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby ZodiaQ » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:42 pm

I thought Dielectric was a native LW node?
Anyway I normally never use it, it was on an old object in the scene on which I apparently used it once for testing.

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:49 pm

AVLKray wrote:I thought Dielectric was a native LW node?
Anyway I normally never use it, it was on an old object in the scene on which I apparently used it once for testing.

Sorry, actually yes this is Native Node but shader...which we do not support. Mostly they are buggy or bad working or...no documentation. Better forget.

User avatar
Keraressi Abdelkarim
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby Keraressi Abdelkarim » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:55 pm

hey janusz please any news about k3 ?

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby Janusz Biela » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Keraressi Abdelkarim wrote:hey janusz please any news about k3 ?

Soon Displacement.

User avatar
Keraressi Abdelkarim
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby Keraressi Abdelkarim » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:27 am

Janusz Biela wrote:
Keraressi Abdelkarim wrote:hey janusz please any news about k3 ?

Soon Displacement.



wow amazing . thank you janusz.

i have some scn to test. cant wait

jwiede
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:17 am

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby jwiede » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:21 am

Janusz Biela wrote:
AVLKray wrote:I thought Dielectric was a native LW node?
Anyway I normally never use it, it was on an old object in the scene on which I apparently used it once for testing.

Sorry, actually yes this is Native Node but shader...which we do not support. Mostly they are buggy or bad working or...no documentation. Better forget.


Hang on, please clarify what you mean by above? Dielectric is native BxDF material just like Conductor, pBSDF, etc. Does that mean all such materials are problems for Kray3.0.2 or just Dielectric? Please clarify which LW2018 (and LW2019, if relevant) native materials are supported by Kray3.0.2? Are the non-photoreal-shader-model-based materials (in other words, any of the cel shader materials, etc.) supported by Kray 3.0.2?

P.S. Can y'all please figure out a stable numbering scheme? 3.001 -> 3.01 -> 3.013 -> 3.02 may make sense to you folks, but it seems like you really mean 3.0.0.1, 3.0.1, 3.0.1.3, 3.0.2 and so forth. Otherwise the actual order of releases makes no sense -- if that IS what you mean, you should know the way you're citing them now is a bit confusing w.r.t. expected ordering.

P.P.S. Can you please also version the directory that is within the distribution archive (as well as the distribution archive itself)? Just having all the various revisions' archives as kray3_lw.zip and unpack to kray3_lw/ causes overwrite problems for folks like me who keep multiple archives & resultant unpacked dirs together in the same main "Kray" directory. Having archive (using 3.0.2 as example) with filename "kray302_lw.zip" and unpack to kray302_lw/ would generally be safer, reducing chance of unwanted collisions/overwrites/merges.

ZodiaQ
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby ZodiaQ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:11 am

Concerning the version numbering I really couldn't care less, btw seems rather logic to me. And It is really not that hard to just download and unpack each version into it's own directory. It's just some basic file handling action.

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:57 pm

jwiede wrote:Hang on, please clarify what you mean by above? Dielectric is native BxDF material just like Conductor, pBSDF, etc. Does that mean all such materials are problems for Kray3.0.2 or just Dielectric? Please clarify which LW2018 (and LW2019, if relevant) native materials are supported by Kray3.0.2? Are the non-photoreal-shader-model-based materials (in other words, any of the cel shader materials, etc.) supported by Kray 3.0.2?

We do not support badly coded shaders (For example dielectric) G. is tired making bridges over bridges in code to avoid errors or missing documentations and guessing. FORGET.
In LW2018 situation is better but also G. complain theirs shader code - in inhuman way: they...suck! (no offense)
jwiede wrote:P.S. Can y'all please figure out a stable numbering scheme? 3.001 -> 3.01 -> 3.013 -> 3.02 may make sense to you folks, but it seems like you really mean 3.0.0.1, 3.0.1, 3.0.1.3, 3.0.2 and so forth. Otherwise the actual order of releases makes no sense -- if that IS what you mean, you should know the way you're citing them now is a bit confusing w.r.t. expected ordering.

This is G. system of updates. Like me: for playing games I do not use WSAD system but arrow keys.
jwiede wrote:P.P.S. Can you please also version the directory that is within the distribution archive (as well as the distribution archive itself)? Just having all the various revisions' archives as kray3_lw.zip and unpack to kray3_lw/ causes overwrite problems for folks like me who keep multiple archives & resultant unpacked dirs together in the same main "Kray" directory. Having archive (using 3.0.2 as example) with filename "kray302_lw.zip" and unpack to kray302_lw/ would generally be safer, reducing chance of unwanted collisions/overwrites/merges.

I do not unpack anything. Simple I select files for override directly from archive . After when you open Lightwave and scene you are updated.
Will ask G. about installer.

ZodiaQ
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby ZodiaQ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:
Keraressi Abdelkarim wrote:hey janusz please any news about k3 ?

Soon Displacement.


Any news on displacement ?

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K 3.02 official release

Postby Janusz Biela » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:20 pm

...waiting (G. sent me some WiP renders)


Return to “technical information”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest