K3 RC7

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Re: K3 RC7

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:11 pm

pandras81 wrote:I have to agree with everybody who has some concerns about the developement of kray 3. I understand there are reasons why it's so slow, still agree on that it should have been communicated better. We still dont know when it will be a full release. What bugs me, is after RC7 you are releasing "full" Kray 3.0, but you also state that the most important next step is stage 3: Kray 3.1... So my question is why doesn't Kray 3.0 contain what 3.1 will? I understand it's time to code it, but after 3.0 we still have to wait for 3.1. It seems, that Kray 3.0 is just another RC and a lot of important features are moved to 3.1. And please tell us exactly when will Kray 3.1 be ready?

hey i think in my opnion i dont know . janusz will answer on it im sure but in my opnion it to see if k3 still has bugs or nots mybe it can improve in some area better to correct them and get shaders or it will be kind of hard when puting shaders system realtime poste process tonemaping it just my opinion .

or it just time for G. to optimized his code in shaders to get really smooth and fast in rendering . :idea:

ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:44 pm

I have decided to remove the kray forum from my permanent Browser tabs.
I don't want to look every day at OB's at RC's and at final sub sub sub versions.
I don't want to see awesome pictures from software that may never reach the production state. It's become too frustrating for me.
And I am pretty sure if it will I will read about it in some article or promotion mail send out by the Kray team.
Kray is a cool one-man hobby project the way i see it. No realistic final release planning whatsoever, only 'soon' which means as soon as it's ready ... could be this year, could be in 5 years. I guess it will be somewhere in between.
Cheers and good luck to all

thomas

Post by thomas » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Funny that you write this today. A couple of hours ago I've decided to stop visiting the forum regularly, and switch to a single weekly or maybe even monthly checkup.

My reasons for this are:
1) The increasing toxicity and repetition of the same arguments from both sides (about the delivery of Kray)
2) The lack of a concrete deadline
3) K3.1 as the major milestone. I will just wait for this version, and a check each month should suffice for this.

I have no "side" in this story. I understand the needs, wishes and constraints everybody has to deal with, both the LW artists and G and Janusz.

There is just very little incentive for me anymore to check up here regularly.

cruisermori

Post by cruisermori » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 pm

RC7 this year?

3dworks

Post by 3dworks » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:27 pm

i don't still understand why you don't fix / finish the final user interface and release an official V3 preview version for everyone who wants to upgrade to V3. this way you would get much more feedback, bug reports and the whole process of refinement would speed up. if you continue to postpone an official release from RC to next RC then again to next version RC without showing a product which can be used in production without reading through 100s of forum posts, only people with lot of free time can actually test this.

i'm checking this forum about once a month and every time it looks like a deja-vu: only very few steps to release everything, we need just to fix this and that etc... some users are showing very good looking renderings as well from time to time, so V3 seems to work and ready actually. but the problem is that without releasing a final UI even an experienced ex kray 2.x user is lost, as the engine is a completely new one under the hood. also, we need full integration into LW2018 to test it's usability. please don't start to add new features as long as this is not achieved, as kray remains unusable for production forever this way.

in the meantime, i'm happily rendering in octane.

cheers

markus

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:36 am

3dworks wrote:

cheers

markus
If you are happy please show us yours interiors from Octane...maybe also I will switch 8)

cruisermori

Post by cruisermori » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:19 am

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:40 pm

Very nice!
That`s the missing parts in K3 still: materials and real time tone map.
I do not ask time renders because we know is not so fast.
My personal opinion: In some scenes renders looks artificial and too much feeling of ray tracing - I think because low amount of bounce lights.
This Render Engine win only by having shader system and real time tone map.

Can you tell time render for example 4K resolution and CPU?

3dworks

Post by 3dworks » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:
3dworks wrote:

cheers

markus
If you are happy please show us yours interiors from Octane...maybe also I will switch 8)
just visit my website, most recent images for last 2/3 years are rendered with it... ;-)

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 am

for me it looks like k3 ob3 quality .

i think if i donwload just demo i will do realy nice render with octane. ^^

cruisermori

Post by cruisermori » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:Very nice!
That`s the missing parts in K3 still: materials and real time tone map.
I do not ask time renders because we know is not so fast.
My personal opinion: In some scenes renders looks artificial and too much feeling of ray tracing - I think because low amount of bounce lights.
This Render Engine win only by having shader system and real time tone map.

Can you tell time render for example 4K resolution and CPU?
You can ask about render time. It is fast with 3x 980ti. We have 4 set-ups like this and no problem with the render time even in 4K.
The most important is the VPR module where we do all material and light final set-up. Without this, any renderer would be useless.
Also, all materials and databases are very good at Octane.
Majority of customers don't ask for physically accurate materials, but nice looking renders, shadows and fast delivery for good price.
This is not possible to get with the current KRay version.

We need VPR and the final user interface in K3.

cruisermori

Post by cruisermori » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Any roadmap for K3 and K3.1 release? It looks we will have to wait another year.

azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:55 pm

cruisermori wrote:Any roadmap for K3 and K3.1 release? It looks we will have to wait another year.
Maybe 2 more years.. Hihihi ;P

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:54 pm

azman_821009 wrote:
cruisermori wrote:Any roadmap for K3 and K3.1 release? It looks we will have to wait another year.
Maybe 2 more years.. Hihihi ;P
I would like 20 years...life would be more interesting :D
I will try push G. harder , he is working now with LW.
But he has a lot job with developing software (Core) ...I do what I can, guys...if he send me K3 beta I take it immediately to check old bugs and find new.
Really I never postpone my part of job...sometimes I send complete package of bug in the same time.
I know is taking time but with these small steps we do always progress.

cruisermori

Post by cruisermori » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:24 am

Thank you, Janusz. I know you are are doing your best to push KRay forward. Thank you. Without your support, KRay would be dead.
I don't understand one thing from G. If he wants more users of KRay for LW why he doesn't talk to us directly.
We paid for KRay 3 upgrade 2 years ago a still nothing. Just promises "soon"

I watch the presentation of Corona founder yesterday and he started coding corona even later then KRay. 2012 first version and today there is one of the best CPU renderers.

This makes me really pissed off spending money for something I have to wait years before I can use it.
Please ask G to give us (paid users) some feedback.
Thanks.