K3 RC7

Janusz Biela

K3 RC7

Postby Janusz Biela » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 pm

We are about over jump RC6+
Here log from bug tracker:

Code: Select all

3.0 RC7 09-08-2018
- PhySky fixes and improvements (Layout sun/sky control)
- initial support for LW2018 shader model (alpha version)
- bugs fixed:
   Cube Panorama overlapping pixels
   freeze when animation
   Animation loop
   animation crash when share GI
   copy light slows render
   Limited Region crash after rescale
   wrong RGB channel in SSS
   Kray3Camera.ls error
   Trace Direct Light Reflection hot photons
   Spot Cone Angle
   Spot Light too weak
   first image without frame number
   crash when Curve Node
   Crash with LEM image map
   Missing view render (black)
   VPR loop mode
   noise SSS
   lags in GUI
   script information in log
   save buffer not working
   hot photons
   inverted image in luminosity channel
   LEM planar map error
   hub script error
   noise SSS when not white scattering color
   GUI refreshing
   Hot Pixels
   crash after Modeler changes

3.0 RC6+ 14-06-2018
- bug fixes:
   Crash when UV map in luminescence channel
   not saved OpenEXR
   SSS crash 2 in 1
   SSS smooth problem

thomas

Re: K3 RC7

Postby thomas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Alright! Will this version have the unified interface?

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:54 pm

thomas wrote:Alright! Will this version have the unified interface?

Partly.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:30 am

Small test (I want fix by G. some bugs from tracker still, before new release)
Photon map and Brute-force sampling (QMC) like always...I think I exaggerate quality :evil:
K3_00000.png

ZodiaQ

Postby ZodiaQ » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:
thomas wrote:Alright! Will this version have the unified interface?

Partly.

:roll:

cruisermori

Postby cruisermori » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:30 pm

We see mostly new promises and postpones in Kray 3 development. I'm pessimistic about when final KRay 3 will be released it will be years behind the competitors renderers :(

josé

Postby josé » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:51 pm

+1

ZodiaQ

Postby ZodiaQ » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:25 pm

I can't help, despite all the hopes i've had, i find myself looking at the forum for K3 announcements less and less. It's comming to the point that I am asking myself 'will it be there before my career is over?' and to be honest the only reason I stick with Kray is the fact that I have come to the age that learning any other 3D software is complicated, learning curves are steep, I have less time to spend on studying and getting to the same level of productivity and results will take years if ever.
I do consider myself stupid and lazy sometimes not taking any action to learn Octane or Vray with Blender or anything else.
And it is so sad to see that the 'Kray3 is almost ready' story seems to continue in a neverending story.
I am sure G has done and will do hard work on this but he is the only coder which also often made me wonder what if something happens to G at any given time? Then we all have been waiting for years and years for nothing and Kray will be dead .... and we will be left with a product that, despite the regular teasers every week or so, just isn't production ready. I think that is a big risk we kray users have been taking the past years.
I also can't help having the feeling that G's priorities are more on Podium than on LW.
Not to mention that other software continues to develop quickly also. If you imagine that Fstorm development started in 2015 and in less than a year a great render engine was ready for production. Who knows what pops out of the sky by the time K3 is ready? I mean development will go faster and faster i think.
From the first K3 post it must have been 7 years or so. At that time I actually thought it would be ready within a year. And as I see it now we have a render engine that seems to deliver good quality at good speed, I have seen some VPR video's that look great (even in the early days). But over time these things don't result in the OMG WTF factor that for example Fprime had back in the days.
Biggest concern for me right now is that we still have 'bunch of files" K3 version without a decent menu which was promised after RC6 but still (or again) is not there in RC7 so it seems. I think there should have been a production ready version, maybe not with all the whistles but at least something to work with.
And it always feels like unpolite complaining writing about this, but every once in a while it just gets too much ...

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Postby Keraressi Abdelkarim » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:06 am

HELLO . what i want to say no one can wrote engine 3D render in one year.

there is alot of stuff going on.

Corona in c4d it took i think 2 years now ? they have everything ready from corona core i mean corona in 3dsmx and still corona in beta for c4d it not easy as you think. the creator of fstorm he didnt creati for one year lol xD . also he has also resources ready like gi ex.. to use them.

the qualité of fstorm or corona is nothuing then just : shaders and really tonemapping system thats it. even if you have bad gi you can still looking nice image . but they dont have bad gi . as in corona they have really nice computing speed when u have dual cpus and it has really great gi calculation even in pathtrcing .

k3 also is nice but every 3d engine he has his own tricks because of design of the coders . :D .

i hope and we hope all . we can see shaders for reflection as we saw shders for SSS . refraction system ex.... and the new tonemapping realttime .if we have thos 2 you can do any quality or any render you see in Corona fstorm vray ex.... .

as you notice it been 7 years.G work alone he is genius right but many many artists they dont have too much time to wait and seems G. he got sons problem heart ex.. hospital its not easy your brain cant let you think because your son gonna die if you dont do nothing. we as others there are many who can accept this and others didnt .

I hope and we Hope soon we can something really promising. that K3 rc7 suprised me it looks come from others planet coders ^^ . it big huge differance between k3 rc6 and k3 rc7 . we hope something it come this week ^^ . everyone know G. is really tlented and he apply his own philosophy in engine . i saw many way he solve many bugs it kind of based on skill and thnking too much. so we will get new fresh engine wich we will get luck if just we be patient a bit .

thank you everyone !

happy Aïd - " Aïd Mubarak for all muslims in whole world "

salam .

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 am

Soon (on first of October) will be 2 years when we started officially develop K3. I remind that K3 is completely new software with new code.
Meanwhile G. had problems with his two children so from this 2 years we lost at least 6-8 months. Also meanwhile G. cooperated with one big company (PRO100 with huge amount of users) to connect K3 Core to theirs software.
If we calculate whole time spent for Lightwave K3 plugin it will be maybe...one year. One year for developing new software is NOTHING and still we are close to final version (RC7 will be soon - last beta).
K3 is written in very unique and modern edge codding system. This affect that CPU sends less data back and forth to RAM becasue a lot instructions are looping in L2 and L3 CPU cache. This affect incredible fast rendering and also whole software is under 9MB!
Time render which you see will not change so much in future after adding shader system and real time post proces and real time tone map.
Is true: you will render quality of Corona or other within minutes....

thomas

Postby thomas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:10 am

I am only writing something here to tell everyone I won't be adding to this thread. All standpoints have been expressed many, many times before, so all we can do is repeat ourselves, from the side of users as well as the side of Gregor and Janusz. In reality there is not much more to say or do, except for bug test and wait for a final release.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:50 am

Two important bugs left to release RC7.

thomas

Postby thomas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Alright, that's good to hear, thanks Janusz.

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Postby Keraressi Abdelkarim » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:41 am

what i can say is : k3 is unique ! and amazing i still cant belive how fast even really havy scn k3 start rendering scn less then 10 seconds what kind of cutting edge codes G put inside really stuning Wow! :mrgreen: Just wow no coments . this is my heart hit . k3 not amazing alone ^^ G. & janusz biela they put too much on it. ^^ <3 .

ZodiaQ

Postby ZodiaQ » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:56 am

October 2 years since offically started developing kray 3?
What has been done the years before? Was that some other Kray 3?
I can pull up some random forum post
Juli 2014 :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4453&p=20845&hilit=last+beta#p20845
And what about the videos on your own youtube channel ? :
VPR Kray 3.0 Path Tracing : 4 years ago
Kray 3.0 + VPR + Physky2 : 3 years ago
So Kray 3 hadn't been started at that time? Such a statement makes me even more believe it is all about trying to prevent us from switching to other software knowing it will take a long time to release.
I know G is coding alone and has had some serious problems with his child and i understand. But it should be clear to users what they can except how long it will take.
Anyway I must admit I have only little hope left.

Return to “technical information”