Kray2.x share Photon Map system

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Janusz Biela

Kray2.x share Photon Map system

Post by Janusz Biela »

It is maybe not easy procedures (In K3 we will do it in full auto mode) but it works.

The idea is render animation in QMC system sampling (brute force). Normally this is impossible because doesn't exist such a thing like GI map in QMC.
But we can share Photon Map Solution. This produce very little file (PM solution contain only photons position, light power, color)

Procedures:
1. Open scene and select path for GI (this is wrong name for that because this is not Global Illumination) and path for images + this setting.
K2_01.png
K2_01.png (50.18 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
2. Press render button and wait when Kray will save first image - this is very important - because after saving first image Kray also save Photon Map file.
3. Stop rendering. You can delete precompute image also.
4. Switch Kray settings to standard render with option LOAD:
K2_02.png
K2_02.png (49.99 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
-------------------------------------------------
scene for testing:
PM_share_system.zip
(15.13 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
Inside I put also RAW files to see effect of sharing Photon Map.
We can see splotches (in this example is good when we see them) and they are "static". Frames are without flickering - it`s proof that Photon Map is no changing during animation. Splotches comes from one side wall and Physky light (there are not LEM panels in windows).
Alexis

Re: Kray2.x share Photon Map system

Post by Alexis »

I tried your method and it works perfectly.
I have not yet tried it on my project.

Another question, what is the use of the "low and high" parameters under the "Use Autophotons" box on the "photons" slide for QMC rendering?

Thank you.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Alexis wrote:I tried your method and it works perfectly.
I have not yet tried it on my project.

Another question, what is the use of the "low and high" parameters under the "Use Autophotons" box on the "photons" slide for QMC rendering?

Thank you.
Autophotons in option is tool which control automatically size of Cells according to corners. Just do not touch.
W K3 all options will be hidden. We will have only 3 buttons for quality render levels.
If you have 2-3 computers , simply copy scene (or load from network) and use same "GI file" for rendering.
For example:
first computer: frames 001-100
second: 101-200
etc
You can stop, resume or continue later.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

This is proof that Photon Map solution is static and working well (this is light leak from outside - one side poly):
test_00015.jpg
test_00015.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 6042 times
You can see this in example scene package (RAW folder) that splotches do not move or flicker - it means Photons cells are not change during animation.