More glass bottle tests...

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
thomas

More glass bottle tests...

Post by thomas »

Hi!

I'm keeping on doing more glass tests with LW + Kray and going a bit crazy over how unpredictable the process is. It seems like every method I use, something unexpected always pops up that makes the render look or behave badly... :x

Here's a glass test comparison, showing another weird behaviour. The last render (on the right) is exactly the same as the middle render, but with 1 percent refraction blur on the bottle surface. Just Lightwave nodes (LW Fresnel node to diffuse and reflection, and LW reflection and refraction shading nodes). This stuff is making me crazy. The last render looks good, but introduces the black side edges in the bottle again that should not be there - there is NOTHING black or even dark around the bottle in the scene, as you can tell from the middle render.
GLASS TESTS.jpg
thomas

Re: More glass bottle tests...

Post by thomas »

For the record: recurse 1000 and LW ray recursions at 64.
JoshuaKib

View the latest post

Post by JoshuaKib »

OK thank you .... but I am exactly looking plans of views where there are a cutting of the wing .... and it would be for Japanese aircraft ...is that there is a site where there have it ?
Janusz Biela

Re: More glass bottle tests...

Post by Janusz Biela »

I have to repeat it:
....no shader no glass effect...
:lol:
That complicate material (indeed, glass is complex) must be done inside Core Render Engine...all simulations will fail...