K3 for LW2019

Janusz Biela

Re: K3 for LW2019

Post by Janusz Biela » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 am

Yes...is a lot work with LW18+.
G. works on this when is time for that (between other job codding in K3). Also he did a lot improvements in K3 Core (optimization).
That`s why is no updates since a couple of months.

ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:13 pm

I have started to firing up LW2019.1.4 with K3 just to see whats beyond the horizon and because G. says some users are already using it.
I won't be complaining about crashes as it is not officially ready.
But when loading an existing basic scene i find it looks terrible, of course this didn't really surprise me as as lots of things have changed in LW 2019 compared to LW11.6.3 One of these things are light values (which is now in lux) and surface definition.
Big question now is where to start adjusting to get same results as in LW2019 as in LW 11.6.3?
Lights? Surfaces? Kray settings? Frankly I don't know where to start.
Does anyone have any experience already with K3 under LW2019?
Or are there basic Kray settings for exteriors under LW2019?

One thing I can say is that K3 is almost 2 as fast under LW2019 as under LW11.6.3 :D

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:56 am

promity wrote:I got answer from Gregorz
Since LW2018 shaders in LW completly new API and it needs to be
supported and tested in Kray3. Current status is almost finished shaders
support (which is most important). Still to do are LW lights support and
LW cameras. Have you tried version for LW2018/2019? There are still
features missing there, but as far as I know some users are using it
already.

More LW2019 support will be added in next version which I'm currently
workin on.

My plan is to have next Kray relase usable for LW2018/19. Not all things will work, but most shaders should. Camera, LW lights integration will be done later (until that, you are limited to use Kray internal cameras and lights)

If you have crashing scenes with LW2019 you can send it directly to me. Crashes have hight priority for fix and scenes that crashes deterministic way (that are easy to reproduse) are quite easy to fix.

GT
Me too i get mail from G. :D he is really busy with k3. He need to clear some code to prepare good base for others things like shaders ^^ . He know what he is doing so pls patient everything is okay we are going into good and right way forward k3 ^^ :) :D

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:00 am

ZodiaQ wrote:I have started to firing up LW2019.1.4 with K3 just to see whats beyond the horizon and because G. says some users are already using it.
I won't be complaining about crashes as it is not officially ready.
But when loading an existing basic scene i find it looks terrible, of course this didn't really surprise me as as lots of things have changed in LW 2019 compared to LW11.6.3 One of these things are light values (which is now in lux) and surface definition.
Big question now is where to start adjusting to get same results as in LW2019 as in LW 11.6.3?
Lights? Surfaces? Kray settings? Frankly I don't know where to start.
Does anyone have any experience already with K3 under LW2019?
Or are there basic Kray settings for exteriors under LW2019?

One thing I can say is that K3 is almost 2 as fast under LW2019 as under LW11.6.3 :D

For exterior you need to use pathtracing easy i gonna do tutorials i start one for interior but i dont have enough time to edit to put some text inside it because i still work. I will make 1 video has interior and exterior to know how to easliy use kray3 in correct way and fast way. Interior 6 click to do render . Exterior 5 click xD. Very very easy k3 is like game for me not render engine loL :D . Really fun/easy/Fast to use.