K3 RC7 official release

Janusz Biela

Re: K3 RC7 official release

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Maybe you mixed licenses?
Check again you have correct one for K2 and K3.
You can use two folders: K2 and K3.
You can use both K2/K3 in the same time...they do "not see" each others because they are separately software.
If is something wrong, just delete all file from K3 folder, put again new files and install in LW by Add Plugins by selecting all files (do not worry LW will recognize plugins). Close LW and start again.
Also be sure you do not have other K2/K3 files somewhere.

Normally I just replace all files from zip archive and if. G. add something new (for example shader SSS) simple I install again plugin.

giacob

Postby giacob » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:21 pm

is a brand new laptop so it is a clean installation...it is impossible to put license in layout because pop up window doesnt appear :roll:

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:05 pm

giacob wrote:is a brand new laptop so it is a clean installation...it is impossible to put license in layout because pop up window doesnt appear :roll:

Press licensed to:
Sketch.png
Sketch.png (32.81 KiB) Viewed 1003 times

giacob

Postby giacob » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 pm

maybe i didnt make it clear well i: this windows doesnt show up (as it usesd to do previous RC installations)!!!! so how was i suppose to write my license code? As already said when i press kray3Option button a windows pop up that says " Line 177, invalid argument, 2 type to parse" and the "Kray 3.0 RC7 Options " window with all its submenus doesnt open at all

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 pm

giacob wrote:maybe i didnt make it clear well i: this windows doesnt show up (as it usesd to do previous RC installations)!!!! so how was i suppose to write my license code? As already said when i press kray3Option button a windows pop up that says " Line 177, invalid argument, 2 type to parse" and the "Kray 3.0 RC7 Options " window with all its submenus doesnt open at all

Version of Lightwave?

giacob

Postby giacob » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:23 pm

lw 2015.3

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:42 pm

OK I see where is problem.
There is bug!
I removed everything + K3 license and installed fresh copy from my web page download...and I got same error :lol:

Solution:
1. Add plugins like always
2. When you start K3 you will get these script errors so close Lightwave.
3. go there (where LW keeps config files):
Sketch.png

...probably you will not have kray3_key.txt
4. Create txt file with name: kray3_key.txt and put inside your license key from Kray web page

It help me and thats why I did not have error because I had my license key in LW folder config.

Write me it helps or not!

I will check this again and will post on bug tracker bug.

abe42

Postby abe42 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:24 am

Janusz Biela wrote:
giacob wrote:maybe i didnt make it clear well i: this windows doesnt show up (as it usesd to do previous RC installations)!!!! so how was i suppose to write my license code? As already said when i press kray3Option button a windows pop up that says " Line 177, invalid argument, 2 type to parse" and the "Kray 3.0 RC7 Options " window with all its submenus doesnt open at all

I experienced this as well.

System:
- Macbook 17Inch, macOS High Sierra
- Lightwave 2015.3 (clean install) no Kray3 or Kray2 pre-installed
- got " Line 177, invalid argument, 2 type to parse" and cannot use KrayOptions Menu

- Where should i put that kray3_key.txt file ? The folder layout is different compared to Lightwave@Windows. Some components can be found in the `Library`folder.

Any ideas appreciated.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:04 am

No idea :lol:
Try find where Lightwave has his config files and there put kray3_key.txt.

Alexis

Postby Alexis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:36 am

Hello,

I want test with new install lW2018.0.6 and same error.

After install, "CTRL+Q", clic K3settings and error " Cannot aquire 'Scene Objects 7' global. I click OK.

I click on Kray3Settings in Master plugins windows and "error :KRAY3SETTINGS.LS Line 177, invalid argument 2 type to parse ()"

I test add "kray3_key" in 2018.0.6 folder, same error.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Alexis wrote:Hello,

I want test with new install lW2018.0.6 and same error.

After install, "CTRL+Q", clic K3settings and error " Cannot aquire 'Scene Objects 7' global. I click OK.

I click on Kray3Settings in Master plugins windows and "error :KRAY3SETTINGS.LS Line 177, invalid argument 2 type to parse ()"

I test add "kray3_key" in 2018.0.6 folder, same error.

There is no version for LW2018 yet.

giacob

Postby giacob » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 pm

It does not help at all
In an other pc i have both kray_key.txt and kray3_key.txt and the problem s the same... the problem is not that one ... maybe the lw-menu.cfg? I am talking about 2015.3 of course
https://ibb.co/f5zEKU
the strange is that vpr works ( awfully slow but works).
If u go to Master Plugin u can open all windows of the Karayoptions manu ( krayadavancedFG, Kary Advanced Quality, and so on ) except tha KrayListener and Kraysettings

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm

giacob wrote:It does not help at all
In an other pc i have both kray_key.txt and kray3_key.txt and the problem s the same... the problem is not that one ... maybe the lw-menu.cfg? I am talking about 2015.3 of course
https://ibb.co/f5zEKU

Did you put inside correct license key?

giacob wrote:...awfully slow but works.

I would say is incredible fast...probably you get feeling from that the VPR has not pixel progression or scan progression. G. just wrote down fast only 4 scans - K3VPR render image ONLY in 4 steps - that's why you see lags. :wink: VPR is during process...still a lot features missing - we will deal with this after K3.1.

I sent info to G. to fix this problem and he will do it soon.

Its very strange error. I uninstalled all K3 plugin from LW and removed key manually.
After that I download from web page RC7 (I got error of course when I ran plugin) but when I created license key and I put inside my license it back everything to normal usage...

giacob

Postby giacob » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:03 pm

i did, i checked and doubled checked on both pc: the laptop with clean installation and the other. i come from kray 2 and must say that this is the first time i have a problem installing it

abe42

Postby abe42 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:34 pm

This is for mac users. After some failures i was able to use Kray3rc7 on LW2015.3 on macOS HighSierra.

Try this:
- unzip the kray_lw archive file
- use Utilities/Add_Plugins to add all the files from MacOS folder. LW will choose the plugin.
- use Utilities/Add_Plugins to add all the files from Common folder. (simply select'em all)
- create the "kray3_key.txt" text file and add your license key text from the kray site
- move that file to the folder "/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LightWave/2015.3/"
(there might be another file named "kray3_lib.txt")

Results:
- I can use the Kray3OptionsDialog and start rendering from there.
- The room scene can be loaded and rendered (skip the missing plugin references)
- Kray3rc7 seems to work now :D

Return to “technical information”