K3 RC6 official release

Alexis

Re: K3 RC6 official release

Postby Alexis » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:45 am

I'm trying to delete object by object to find a possible culprit .. I got a new error message:

plantage_k3rc6_B.jpg

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Ok then. Keep this scene in backup! I will ask G. and probably he will send you special version with auto debugger. I will send him also your screen shoot.
This is very difficult bug becasue appear only in huge scenes....it can happen with any software. To be sure: you can run it in K2 without problems?

....also send me this scene (link via wetransfer to PM) I will check also here.

Sometimes cutting objects from scene is not helping...beta tester life is sometimes like hell - annoying. Some bugs I hunted 1-2 months becasue they needed special circumstances to crash or to appear.

Alexis

Postby Alexis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:22 am

Janusz Biela wrote:This is very difficult bug becasue appear only in huge scenes....it can happen with any software. To be sure: you can run it in K2 without problems?

Hello,

yes k2.62 with LW2015.3 it works, apart from a rendering time X2 almost and not the same quality :D .

I work with 4K video under "premiere" and "after effect", 360 videos of 8k, photoshop, lumion (for other type of 3D project) no problem. Same with LW2018 and its rendering engine.

Another detail: After some crash, I need to restart the PC to recover the video in vimeo or youtube for example. But not all the time.

I have the impression that these crashes are there when the scene exceeds the 30-35 GB of memory in rendering.

My Ram is Kingston DDR4-2400 ECC registered for info.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:19 am

Yes it can be that becasue K3 has new memory management and perhaps is there something not correct yet when scene exceed too high stack.
When I will get scenes from you I will ask G. how we start fix this. No worry we will get it.

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Postby Keraressi Abdelkarim » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Alexis wrote:I'm trying to delete object by object to find a possible culprit .. I got a new error message:

plantage_k3rc6_B.jpg

sent me scn i have 128G memory . i can do test and lets see what if i get the same message.

lightwave3d@hotmail.fr

thankyou.

Return to “technical information”