promity

Re: K3 RC5 official release

Postby promity » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:49 am

It's very promising!

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:03 am

We will have a lot to test soon!
Shader system from LW2018 and Shader system from K3Core.
Slowly I start prepare also bugs for K3VPR (is time now to continue developing of that) - becasue this will be only render window destination for K3.

thomas

Postby thomas » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Alright! That looks cool! Looking forward to more tests - and a final release for Kray.

Do you have any idea of what shaders Gregor will be developing? More specifically, I think we need:

- cloth
- velvet
- fully optically correct glass (for bottle renders)
- fast architectural glass (for archviz)
- good metal shader
- stainless steel (with good anisotropic functionality)

thomas

Postby thomas » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:49 pm

and GGX shading for metal highlights!

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:52 pm

all above + more. This is now standard.
For interiors the most important Oren-Nayar, velvet, glass, ani-reflection.
Actually, interiors are fill up with 60-80% of shader systems so without is no way to make interior properly.

thomas

Postby thomas » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:18 am

Alright, that's good to hear!

As far as timing goes: it doesn't have to be ready today - next week is okay for this :twisted:

promity

Postby promity » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am

yeah :twisted:

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:13 am

What you need to make Corona quality is very simple:
- shader system
- real time tone map
- real time post processing

this is very simple. You can not get surfaces which look like glass of fabric without shader system...so render on the beginning SUCK.
After that, without real time tone mapping you can not catch white balance and reduce over bloom and increase dark regions - again render suck.
And on the top you need to add shine on the metal, bloom from windows, flares from halogens, etc again everything suck.

We have now really astonishing Engine Render - the worst part is done! Rest of stuff G. can write on the knee going to supermarket for potatoes, becasue these features are very easy to do. Is a lot to do but is not difficult.

Thats why (no offense) LW2018 Native fail....is simply horrible to slow for these above (especially for interiors)...try render interior in LW Native with 20 bounce lights and shader system with multiply lights in scene with QMC sampling... :evil:

promity

Postby promity » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Thats why (no offense) LW2018 Native fail....is simply horrible to slow for these above (especially for interiors)...try render interior in LW Native with 20 bounce lights and shader system with multiply lights in scene with QMC sampling...
- Yes, look so.

promity

Postby promity » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:16 am

After testing the scene (a simple kitchen) with the Octane and K3 I can say that K3 looks more serious in matters of light transportation. Maybe the upcoming Octane version with built-in noise reduction system can allow it to get closer to K3 by quality / time. But so far, K3 is unattainable in the field of visualization of interiors.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:30 am

promity wrote:After testing the scene (a simple kitchen) with the Octane and K3 I can say that K3 looks more serious in matters of light transportation. Maybe the upcoming Octane version with built-in noise reduction system can allow it to get closer to K3 by quality / time. But so far, K3 is unattainable in the field of visualization of interiors.

There (maxwell/Octan) will be never correctly physically Global Illumination Solution according to the real World.
I talked with G. and I asked him:
what should be the correct amount of bounce light?

He answer: as much as possible.

Is no 10, is not 20...optimum is 40 and more.
Of course you can not use that amount of bounce light in Maxwell or Octane becasue simply you will never finish render. Amount of Path Tracing calculations drastically grows with amount of bounce lights.
Thats why in these software you are limited to 2-5 bounces (mostly) and after that lights are faked with multiply power solution. In fact this trick works well but still the solution with REAL bounce amount is better in my opinion (visible in render less "plastic" feeling). If we add also very popular fake solution OCC (Occlusion GI) it will make render even worse looking.

The funniest think with pure Path Tracing engines is that there is NOTHING to do with speed up optimization. Are left only two solutions: better CPU/GPU or better de-noise engine. In Kray engine (Corona also) always will be optimizations, better GI solution, faster render becasue new idea of sampling, new Final Gathering solution, etc.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:39 am

Got information from G.
We back on track in next 2 weeks when he will back from hospital.
He is working partly now with Google Sketchup with K3 Core for Podium (they start now porting Kray3)

promity

Postby promity » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Strange behavior on the edges.
I was changing the time of day in PhysSky and found that at night the edges begin to light up. Like inverted AO connected to luminosity.

A_A_001.jpg

A_A_002.jpg

A_A_003.jpg

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Please send me this scene.
Also before check Path Tracing mode. If is ok then something wrong with PM settings.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Thanks for scene.
Are you sure did you disable Ambient Light (5% default) in Lightwave :evil:

Here my test with normal daylight and Area Light Sun:

K3_PT.jpg

K3_PM.png

Nigh Physky is not working...I am not sure about it is exist at all. Correct evening light exist until when we see Sun light - will ask G. what is situations with this part of day.
Nigh light is simple background color with dark gray/blue color.

Return to “technical information”