K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Janusz Biela » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:59 am

...and the last one. There is some bugs (like always) but we can live with them.
G. prepare K3 for RC version - it means: now we start overtake K2 in visible way! :idea:

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:00 pm

...one change in our Temporary GUI: do not use Unseen by rays casts light
ScreenShot046.png
ScreenShot046.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 3955 times


Now all flags works like in LW:
ScreenShot047.png
ScreenShot047.png (20.23 KiB) Viewed 3955 times



So to make invisible LEM (behavior of Area Lights) simply make this setup:
ScreenShot048.png
ScreenShot048.png (20.13 KiB) Viewed 3955 times



To make background (and not to get photons from it - only view is important) we do:
ScreenShot049.png
ScreenShot049.png (20.14 KiB) Viewed 3955 times


To make fake reflection map or fake reflection panel (for example for metal) in scene we setup that:
ScreenShot050.png
ScreenShot050.png (20.2 KiB) Viewed 3955 times



Simple :idea:

If you will find bug report please.

User avatar
Keraressi Abdelkarim
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Keraressi Abdelkarim » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:20 am

OKay thank you januzs. we will search if we can found ^^ one bug i will let you know. :mrgreen:

Alexis
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Alexis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Hello, I test OB7 and I have an error when I click an "edit" in all windows:

error : KRAY3ADVANCEDPHOTONS.ls
Line 81, illegal call to setvalue() : requester has not been initialized.

I uninstall and install always same error. After clicking "OK" in the error window, k3 work normally.

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Janusz Biela » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Alexis wrote:Hello, I test OB7 and I have an error when I click an "edit" in all windows:

error : KRAY3ADVANCEDPHOTONS.ls
Line 81, illegal call to setvalue() : requester has not been initialized.

I uninstall and install always same error. After clicking "OK" in the error window, k3 work normally.


I sent to G. mail with asking where from it is. I do not have it so can by anything...even broken LW.

Alexis
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Alexis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Ok thanks, I uninstall lightwave and with new install, same error. Sometines "line 412".

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Janusz Biela » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:58 am

Alexis wrote:Ok thanks, I uninstall lightwave and with new install, same error. Sometines "line 412".

Can you upload basic scene here with this error + procedures how to get it? This is bug in LScript.

Alexis
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Alexis » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:17 pm

The Scenes. You need only open this.

I delete all textures for light weight.

Thank's
Attachments
Appart_chambre.zip
Files scenes only open
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 79 times

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Janusz Biela » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:19 pm

...posted on bug tracker.
Thanks!
G. is busy right now with PRO100 (but of course all changes in code influence also Lightwave plugin) , soon he back also to our bugs.
Also I am here quite busy but when he will fix translucency bug (noise) and QMC balance noise, we will release standalone K3Benchmark:
K3_benchmark.png

ZodiaQ
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby ZodiaQ » Fri May 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:
Alexis wrote:Hello, I test OB7 and I have an error when I click an "edit" in all windows:

error : KRAY3ADVANCEDPHOTONS.ls
Line 81, illegal call to setvalue() : requester has not been initialized.

I uninstall and install always same error. After clicking "OK" in the error window, k3 work normally.


I sent to G. mail with asking where from it is. I do not have it so can by anything...even broken LW.


Same over here, several errors when hitting edit button on FG Presets

ZodiaQ
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby ZodiaQ » Fri May 12, 2017 4:02 pm

I pre-ordered K3 and downloaded OB7 just this afternoon.
But for now I don't have a clue how to render something decent, it all comes out terrible :|
So either my installation is screwed up or the render procedure (settings) is totally different?
Time to dig into the forum :)

edit: the sample scenes render just fine, great to finally feel the K3 power :)
question : where does the sunlight come from?? (clasroom scene)

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Janusz Biela » Fri May 12, 2017 10:24 pm

AVLKray wrote:I pre-ordered K3 and downloaded OB7 just this afternoon.
But for now I don't have a clue how to render something decent, it all comes out terrible :|
So either my installation is screwed up or the render procedure (settings) is totally different?
Time to dig into the forum :)

edit: the sample scenes render just fine, great to finally feel the K3 power :)
question : where does the sunlight come from?? (clasroom scene)


Please check free scenes topic.
Sunlight is from K3 Physky2 plugin.

...after release K3RC we start unify GUI. It will be very easy after - just a few buttons.

For real power of render (read: really high quality) we must wait up to K3.1 and later when we will add shaders and new tone mapping.

ZodiaQ
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby ZodiaQ » Mon May 15, 2017 5:28 pm

I too get error

error : KRAY3ADVANCEDPHOTONS.ls
Line 81, illegal call to setvalue() : requester has not been initialized.

when tryng to edit some settings or opening a scene saved with k3.

I also noticed that not all plugins seem to load? After loading all plugins (no error message) I still don't have PhySky, ToneMap, commander, Override, and Camera in Master Plugins?

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: K3OB7 New Release in Download Section

Postby Janusz Biela » Tue May 16, 2017 9:01 am

AVLKray wrote:I too get error

error : KRAY3ADVANCEDPHOTONS.ls
Line 81, illegal call to setvalue() : requester has not been initialized.

when tryng to edit some settings or opening a scene saved with k3.

I also noticed that not all plugins seem to load? After loading all plugins (no error message) I still don't have PhySky, ToneMap, commander, Override, and Camera in Master Plugins?


Script error is fixed in K3RC.
Yes you do not need all plugins loaded in Master Plugin. If you do not use Physky - you will not have on the list.


Return to “technical information”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests