Kray3 OB7 new release

Janusz Biela

Kray3 OB7 new release

Post by Janusz Biela » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:41 pm

New K3OB7 on my desk :evil:
Procedures like always: checking before release, meanwhile G. fix next bugs, new features comings, etc.
We are on schedule!

thomas

Re: Kray3 OB7 new release

Post by thomas » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 pm

That's great news!

After months of not having any time, I just started to use K3 OB6 last week! Nice, better quality at better speed already, so that's looking good. I did get a crash when use irradiance caching every time, but QMC works fine. Will happily check OB7 when it arrives!

By the way, I just opened my K2 scene which is using DP reflection blur node, and LWs reflection blur node, so the crash is probably related to the DP shader - I'll try without to see if the crash persists!

Cheers,
Thomas

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm

thomas wrote:That's great news!

After months of not having any time, I just started to use K3 OB6 last week! Nice, better quality at better speed already, so that's looking good. I did get a crash when use irradiance caching every time, but QMC works fine. Will happily check OB7 when it arrives!

By the way, I just opened my K2 scene which is using DP reflection blur node, and LWs reflection blur node, so the crash is probably related to the DP shader - I'll try without to see if the crash persists!

Cheers,
Thomas
Thanks!
Just to clarify: we do not support LW Shaders. Probably works only DP Kit reflection Shader Node but all LW shaders for sure will crash K3 or will not work properly.
We will have our K3shaderSurface system with all effects because this is only one way to make it working ultra fast without noise (directly from Kray Core Engine)
Of course all LW pre processing Nodes works perfect.
I suggest forget for while Final Gathering because this system is not developed now. We will back later to this later - some new parts of Core are ready for FG.
The main system render for K3 is Photon Mapping (first phase) and Quasi Monte Carlo Sampling (brute force sampling, second phase) with PPM updating system (Progressive Photon Map). I wait from G. when we will start testing VCM where photons are shoot in the same time from camera and light sources.

There is a lot to but we continuously update K3. All features: Shaders, Real Time Tone Mapping, Multi-light depends from Engine Core which we work with.
If Engine Core is bad it will affect everything in future: long time render, noise, errors.

promity

Post by promity » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:07 am

Will K3 support volumetrics, including hair (FFX)?
I recently purchased Octan and I can say that I am very disappointed. In general, I really did not like the ideology of building one computing system inside the other. Firstly, it's an expensive pleasure - the cost of productive gaming cards is high. Consumption of electricity grows at times even compared to dual-processor systems.
In the third, Octan works very badly with the volumetric hair - the render takes a very very long time even in comparison with native LW renderer.
I wanted to use Octane in the next project with the animation of characters that have hair (FFX). It turned out that with this task the LW copes an order of magnitude better. In this case, you do not need to buy additional video cards.
So my opinion on this is the way Gregor chose when improving and optimizing the code, which speeds up the work - which is more attractive than buying expensive equipment for the same purpose.
I think it's good to be able to combine the work of the processor and video card, but the complete transfer of the render to the video card, taking into account all the disadvantages, does not justify itself with regard to small business.
So for one illusion I became less, although it cost me a fair amount. But now I look with hope in the future - expecting a lot from the new version of LW and the new version of Kray. :lol:

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:31 pm

When we will back on track with Kray Web page and forum G. will release last Kray 3.0 Open Beta 7.
Next versions: Release Candidate (RC): K3RC
Kray 3.1 will contain the newest VCM technology which allow us use New Lightwave 2017 Shaders and also Kray shaders.
...in next months K3 will start be more visible with speed and quality render :arrow: :idea:

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:35 pm

OB7 very soon. We have delay because of moving to new web provider.

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:20 am

Janusz Biela wrote:OB7 very soon. We have delay because of moving to new web provider.

Janusz g. Need time and we have to wait. K3 is really amazing and sooo special then other 3d rendrer . Soo its not problem if g. Make delay cause when you use that ob6 speed and ob7 ex.... u will understand that g. He work as crazy man ^^ he is soo talented and we need to give him time to give us better then really finished product for ezsy use. Step bystep until it finish and im sure when k3 ready no 3d engine like vray octane corona maxwell render man ex.. they cant compute with k3.1 i think we are lucky to have kray3 with Us. It just an amazing

promity

Post by promity » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 am

Janusz, will K3 support such LW features as Volumetric and Fiber FX?

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:18 am

promity wrote:Janusz, will K3 support such LW features as Volumetric and Fiber FX?
G. works also with K3 for LW2017.
From last conversation with G. I got info that when we will have VCM in K3.1 (before us is last OB7 after that K3RC) we will get support for all features from LW2017 include new LW2017 Shaders. Of course compatibility is on the Newtek side - if they do not give port in LW SDK we can not use LW feature.
So the biggest gate for us is VCM technology - this allow K3 to render properly almost everything from LW2017.
Of course we will have also our build-in shaders, because this is necessary for marketing developing and popularity of Core in other software.

Kolby

Post by Kolby » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:55 pm

From last conversation with G. I got info that when we will have VCM in K3.1 (before us is last OB7 after that K3RC) we will get support for all features from LW2017 include new LW2017 Shaders.
Hi Janusz, does that mean that GI in LW 2017 is based on VCM ?

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:25 pm

The future K3 Core will base on the VCM technology. This will give us also better support in LW2017.
Lightwave is not main point of K3 Core, we have in Lightwave just export to LW plugin. Real K3 is Independent Standalone.

Kolby

Post by Kolby » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Ok. I thought that VCM in K3 leads to compatibility with LW 2017 features and shaders, thus LW 2017 renderer has VCM technology.

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Kolby wrote:Ok. I thought that VCM in K3 leads to compatibility with LW 2017 features and shaders, thus LW 2017 renderer has VCM technology.
LW and K3 two different things. There is nothing connected - everything is done trough LWSDK and K3SDK. If they have (or will have) VCM then I am happy for them.
VCM is not panacea for everything - it has his own problems, doesn't exist now engine without problems. Also VCM must be written very good in Code - if not ...we know what happen.

promity

Post by promity » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:56 pm

I have not heard anything about VCM feature in the new version of LW. In my opinion, which coincides with the opinion of Juanjo Gonzalez (who made a Arnold plugin for LW) - the new renderer will be very similar to the Arnold render. This was later confirmed by representatives of Newtek.

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:04 pm

promity wrote:I have not heard anything about VCM feature in the new version of LW. In my opinion, which coincides with the opinion of Juanjo Gonzalez (who made a Arnold plugin for LW) - the new renderer will be very similar to the Arnold render. This was later confirmed by representatives of Newtek.
VCM is very difficult to write down - I mean you have resources over internet - but write it as good code is masterpiece.
VCM is not solution which solves all problems, why G. will add his own ideas to improve it in K3.1