K3 RC7

ideart

Re: K3 RC7

Postby ideart » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:18 am

Is animation going to get any special attention?
Although currently I am happy with the quality of Vray but when I render in render farms the costs are quite higher.
I get many animation jobs from clients that are happy with mid level quality and they are not willing to spend much so Kray for me is a nice alternative that keep the render costs lower.
I have rendered tens of thousands frames the last couple of years following the available technical instructions and I have faced stability problems and quality problems like the grass noise, the anti-aliasing jagged edges, baking accuracy even in slow movements etc. The time interpolation option is crashing randomly and can't be trusted. Also it would be nice to have the option to exclude surfaces from the buffer channels, for example I would like to turn off the window glass do I can edit the room behind.
sotto3d.com

Parsons

Postby Parsons » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:00 am

So the VPR works? It's just sluggish? In my opinion a "realtime" previewer is the most important thing in a render engine so a good VPR is a must for me before a purchase. Hopefully there will be a demo to try or at least some movies of the VPR in use so we can see the kind of performance it offers.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Parsons wrote:So the VPR works? It's just sluggish? In my opinion a "realtime" previewer is the most important thing in a render engine so a good VPR is a must for me before a purchase. Hopefully there will be a demo to try or at least some movies of the VPR in use so we can see the kind of performance it offers.

This VPR which you have in K3 is only technical part of Core.
The VPR will be develop soon (after K3 full release).
It will contain full progressive scanning and pixel scanning (no lags like now because is only 4 passes without PPM and AA) and full real time tone map with other controls: clip dark/white, burn out, exposure, etc.
K3 VPR could not be develop before because Core render was not ready yet (it just waited for correct time).

Parsons

Postby Parsons » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:53 am

Janusz Biela wrote:
Parsons wrote:So the VPR works? It's just sluggish? In my opinion a "realtime" previewer is the most important thing in a render engine so a good VPR is a must for me before a purchase. Hopefully there will be a demo to try or at least some movies of the VPR in use so we can see the kind of performance it offers.

This VPR which you have in K3 is only technical part of Core.
The VPR will be develop soon (after K3 full release).
It will contain full progressive scanning and pixel scanning (no lags like now because is only 4 passes without PPM and AA) and full real time tone map with other controls: clip dark/white, burn out, exposure, etc.
K3 VPR could not be develop before because Core render was not ready yet (it just waited for correct time).

Okay - I will stay tuned to the progress. Thank you.

AVLKray

Postby AVLKray » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:31 pm

This week I downloaded Octane demo and I must say that even with my ancient machine I was extremely impressed by the IPR. It's crazy fast.
Will K3 VPR be like this?
allthough I like Octane, big disadvantage is you need to rebuild all your materials and they will not be usable for kray of native render.
So I try to focus on K3, now that I have some spare time I spend it on actually trying to do something with K3.
And indeed I am able to get some renders, but like with K2 the question is what settings to use?
As said before here on the forum, we would need an actual version to work with. An official pre release version or however you want to call it.
Compleet with a decent installer that puts everyting in place including the menu branch. Together with some rendering presets for INT/EXT low/med/high quality.
I would like to be able to achieve renders like in this post viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7655&p=29975#p29975

cruisermori

Postby cruisermori » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Strong nerves with another several-month waiting time for K3.1 version.

AVLKray

Postby AVLKray » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:22 pm

cruisermori wrote:Strong nerves with another several-month waiting time for K3.1 version.

I hope it will only be several months ;)

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Postby Keraressi Abdelkarim » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:27 am

AVLKray wrote:
cruisermori wrote:Strong nerves with another several-month waiting time for K3.1 version.

I hope it will only be several months ;)

i thinkk not toomuch it will be. im enjoyin when using k3 at this stage its way way better then k2 also if it still has some small stuff working on his core but it amazing i know when it will ready everyone will enjoy using k3 ^^ . easy / fast / accurate. :arrow: :idea: :mrgreen:

promity

Postby promity » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Approximately when will be ready a working version of K3 for LW2018?

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:09 pm

promity wrote:Approximately when will be ready a working version of K3 for LW2018?

G. did not tell when,still is working on it.
When I will get some info I will write down here.

Probably I will drop LW2015 when K3 will appear on LW2018. New LW is really good (especially Instances) very stable and has new shader system which K3 will support until his own system.

Return to “technical information”