Attachments
pose_V4.jpg
pose_V3.jpg
pose_V2.jpg
pose_V1.jpg
ideart

Re: For fun kray 3,035

Post by ideart »

For fun it's ok but professionally Kray still can not render anything more than plaster walls.
sotto3d.com
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

ideart wrote:For fun it's ok but professionally Kray still can not render anything more than plaster walls.

what do you mean about professionally ? kray can do everything just need shaders poste process it very simple. :) . for that we need to wait because shaders is big topic.

k3 is more then better agaisnt cOrona and vray ex... so what do you mean about professionlly !
artattak

Post by artattak »

ideart wrote:For fun it's ok but professionally Kray still can not render anything more than plaster walls.
I have been using kray for several years in commercial works.
I made thousands of renderings, some better, others worse.
Yes kray has many limitations and is not suitable for all types of applications.
Therefore, sometimes you need to use octan and sometimes LW or Unreal 4 and sometimes KRAY.
He specializes in interiors and in this field kray is irreplaceable and unrivaled.
My website and a tiny piece of work.
It's all commercial use.

www.foto-meble.pl

The client pages have been filled with my render in hundreds of pieces.
https://trebord.com/
https://hugle.pl/

Ps. Nothing is done. Many use corona, but only a small percentage of robo is great.
It is possible that you spent too little time on improving your skills.
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

I think we should just ignore these kind of non constructive comments in the future.

I've been doing archviz for over 20 years. Only very rarely interiors, 99,9% exteriors. All in Kray.
Instagram : jqarchviz
thomas

Post by thomas »

The "plaster walls" comment is a bit crude, but I get his point.

I mainly do product renders now, and have switched from Kray to Octane for this. However, I still love Kray and would prefer to do all my renders with Kray.

For the past year I have been waiting for a simple but perfect glass, metal and anisotropic shader + micropoly displacement within Kray, so I could start doing my product work inside Kray again. Displacement is here, but the shaders are still lacking.

I don't mind waiting, all good things take time, but I do understand the "plaster walls" comment, and there is nothing wrong with that either. If I need to do an interior render, Octane is really terrible. But it would be even better if I could do more with Kray.
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Well I just wanted to point out that Kray is not only used for interiors as his comment implies :)
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

AVLKray wrote:Well I just wanted to point out that Kray is not only used for interiors as his comment implies :)
...which are 99% of all renders everywhere :wink:
ideart

Post by ideart »

First things first,

my comment was on those particular renders that as the original poster mentioned they were made for fun.
Because you can not use those horrible skin renders professionaly. Other software have better opengl look than those renders.

Now, a couple of the very few remaining users here are showing their portfolio as a proof of Kray's professional outcome, so allow me to say a couple of things that may be sound harsh but without the intention to insult anyone.

Sure my comment was and meant to be provocative but your portfolio Artattak is just justifies my comment.
All I can see is small and mid-sized rooms with plaster walls filled with furniture with easy materials that they could be rendered in 2019 or 2012. Most of them have the same mood and feeling that shows that you have found a working settings formula and you "industrialised" a scandinavian look render line.
Finding 2-3 clients that want that style or can be led to it is nice but it is not really that professional, in my opinion at least.
What if a client ask for a more organic mediterranean look with lots of old stone and brick walls and columns? Or with a large rich looking garden?
Or if a client asks for a hotel room with lots of fabric, mini bar with glass bottles filled with every kind of alcohol? Or if the client asks for kitchen visualization full with bottles with olive oil, vegetables and fruits like grapes? Or if the client decides to do a video based in all of those scenes? What would you do as a professional under those circumstances? Could you rely on Kray today? Don't you have the feeling that Kray is holding you back since you clearly have talent?

AVLKray I don't mind you ignoring my comments since I have nothing to win or loose by this decision of yours but other software users with way less than 20 years experience have much better portfolio to show. Also plaster walls are on the exterior too so I can't really tell why you thought I was implying interiors only, but since you mentioned that, I can't help recalling some users comments on how more difficult was for them to produce photorealistic exteriors.

I have bought K3 and immediately found and reported a serious random bug that Janusz failed to reproduce.
I haven't opened it since because I don't have the time to be a beta tester. I don't mind paying for this software because has a very good value for money but reading comments comparing it to Corona is too much. Great GI with 2012 materials are nothing today mid 2019.

Also I read lately about denoiser, is working with animation too?

Again I never had the intention of insulting someone but I find comments like mine way more constructive and true than others that just keep patting on back users posting renders that could easily have been made 5 or 6 years ago with Kray or 10 years ago with Vray.
sotto3d.com
ideart

Post by ideart »

Janusz Biela wrote:
AVLKray wrote:Well I just wanted to point out that Kray is not only used for interiors as his comment implies :)
...which are 99% of all renders everywhere :wink:
If you mean that 99% of the renders that clients want are interiors then we are living in very different "everywere".
sotto3d.com
thomas

Post by thomas »

For the record: Ideart, it was very clear to me that you were only talking about the statue-render that Artattak posted when you said "for fun, not professionally".

I think we all can agree that Kray can very easily be used professionally for other types of renders, most notably arch-viz interiors. Yes, of course you can do other types of renders as well, but arch-viz interiors are where the strength and speed of Kray lies, and as a result this is the most interesting area of use from a professional point of view.

And there's nothing wrong with a render engine having a focus on a particular type of render. Octane has this as well. All good.

From that assumption on, the only things to talk about is what the size of this professional market is versus the size of other professional markets, but that is only indirectly linked to Kray, and so beside the point.

No, Kray is not the render engine used by the majority of professionals for character animation humanoid cinematic special effects renders. I would go so far as to say that Kray's buffer export is not on a hollywood level. But that's no problem. Just in the same way, Octane is not the render engine used by the majority of archi-viz people.

No need to be a jack of all trades for Kray. But the more uses the better of course!
ideart

Post by ideart »

Hi Thomas,

I never meant that Kray should be jack of all trades software but as an ArchViz renderer I think it should be able to produce a larger variety of projects other than the Scandinavian look. You have already mentioned in your first post many of the features that are expected in 2019 from an ArchViz renderer.
Also Of course I am not expecting from Kray to be excellent in character animation humanoid cinematic special effects but I demand for example to be able to render animation of grass without the horible flickering noise.
sotto3d.com
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

ideart wrote: If you mean that 99% of the renders that clients want are interiors then we are living in very different "everywere".
Yes, most of rendering 3D is Architecture. Maybe not 99% but something near 99%...
The whole web is "covered" by interior/exterior renders. If somebody make animation for children in 3D in this moment hundreds of people make visualizations...
thomas

Post by thomas »

Hi Janusz,

This is where I think you are wrong and very biased by your own line of work. We run a design and branding studio with 35 people, so I see a lot of different material coming from different sides. Almost 50% of what I see these days is graphic designers doing 3D and motion work in Cinema4D and Octane. 20% is product design renders, 20% is arch-viz, and 10% is video game, character, special FX and broadcast work.

Of course this is not a scientifically accurate number, but if you think near 99% of 3D work is arch-viz then you have a very limited view of the design and 3D world.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Yes this is approximate number created by personal feeling. Spread can be 80-95%....