Bedroom and Scandinavian style.

artattak

Bedroom and Scandinavian style.

Post by artattak »

The light of the sun.
Four lem panels in the windows.
K3 is doing great.
I will improve the work from day to day
The quality is simply incomparable to the previous version.
Attachments
sypialnia_kasia_PS_low_res_2.jpg
sypialnia_kasia_PS_low_res.jpg
Alexis

Re: Bedroom and Scandinavian style.

Post by Alexis »

artattak wrote:The quality is simply incomparable to the previous version.
I agree, when he does not crash.
Why use LEMs instead of area light ?

Thank's
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

LEM`s in K3 gives almost same effect like Area Lights and still they are not physical lights (no ray tracing: interpolated)...so they are much faster.
Different is slight recognizable. K3 has completely new Engine for LEM and Area Lights and now these light sources are close to each others with effects.
The reason why we need Area Lights (I just wrote there are almost no differences) is that we need sometimes very strong light source and this works much better with physical lights.
LEM can do good effect only up to one luminosity level which after starts produce too many bad photons (hot photons).
LEM`s as window light source or invisible support light are perfect but if we need small lights source: bulb, desk lamp, better is to use Area Light or Spherical Light.
Of course situation with strong and small light source as LEM is much better than in K2 if we talk about quality.
You can compare K2/K3 in small basic room with one bulb as LEM. Raising power up to 5000% luminosity in K3 still create neat Photon Map (precompute option) when in K2 Photon Map is horrible ugly and produce a lot errors.
artattak

Post by artattak »

Janusz described most of the advantages.
But I will add something from myself.

The lem in the window is much faster than the area light, it illuminates the interior very well and significantly reduces the noise.
Lem in K3 is very well rendered practically visible shadow emitted from each Lem.

in addition, you can give lemy narrow and long, the shadow emitted by such a lem can mimic any shape of the light.