classroom

Janusz Biela

classroom

Post by Janusz Biela »

Old classic scene in new Kray OB4+ with visible new small bug (smoothing) but finally fixed corner errors:
K3_.png
promity

Re: classroom

Post by promity »

Simple animation test. Some splotches, but very fast anyway. 3-4 min/frame

classroom kray3 ob 6

Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

This error is that bug which we hunt continously. Is very random like you see. Theses are not "splotches" but "random hot photons". Photon map should be static so no flicker at all...in this department Kray is the best.
Congratulations! First animation in K3 :lol:
...but I got idea how to catch this bug: "stripped" scene in animation. For sure G. will repeat error after that.
promity

Post by promity »

Yes, I understand. But I'm still concerned about the noise that remains after rendering with almost any settings. Even the highest settings do not eliminate this noise. For example, in Arnold (I know it better than the Corona or Vray), you can achieve an almost complete disappearance of noise, which is proportional to the increase in rendering time. In K3, the time spent on rendering very weakly affects the noise.
I mean rendering in QMC mode or Pathtracing. The caching mode of photons does not work for me - LW falls every time.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Just put 2000-3000 rays.
There is small problem in K3 with high level of Rays: it doesn't affect reducing noise. I have to check it again and talk with G.
In Arnold that scene will take years to render it. Arnold is the slowest render engine ever...but has one STRONGEST point from all: it`s support all effects, all shaders, everything what is available now in 3D department. Why is very often chosen for high budget productions.

I remind, all effects in Gravity movie done by Arnold (of course by Render Farm) will take several thousand years :
Tim Webber says his IT team worked out that if Gravity had been rendered on a single core machine with a single processor in it, the rendering would have to have been started at the dawn of the Egyptian civilization to get it finished in time - 5,000 B.C.!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Now it came to me! :mrgreen:
You render frames with QMC?
If yes then of course you will get flickering ! because each frame is render with new Photon Map solution. This is normal. To avoid that "problem" (you need STATIC Photon Map) you need to generate Photon Map. This takes a few second and has small file. I doubt it works in K3. In K2 of course:
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

Janusz Biela wrote:Now it came to me! :mrgreen:
You render frames with QMC?
If yes then of course you will get flickering ! because each frame is render with new Photon Map solution. This is normal. To avoid that "problem" (you need STATIC Photon Map) you need to generate Photon Map. This takes a few second and has small file. I doubt it works in K3. In K2 of course:
really amazing ^^ . qmc in kray2 is very fast then fg :D ^^ . :mrgreen:

thank you very much.