vgabex K3 Test Room

vgabex

vgabex K3 Test Room

Post by vgabex »

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I've jumped on the K3 OB train, and decided to make some test.

Here's my first empty room result:
K3_01500001_4h44m_i7-x5960-4,4ghz_RAW_K3_render_forum.jpg
And K3 settings:
K3_setup.jpg
Oh men, when K3 will be ready, it will be an awsome tool!! The gi accuracy is perfect. Working with VPR and realtime tone mapping: Light setups of my scenes will be much-much easier!

Bdw I've met some strange thing:

- When I load the scene and hit K3 render or K3 VPR, the Ks PhySky's Turbidity value won't render correctly. I've set it as you see to 1.9, but it renders with about 2.0. After hitting render and stop it, I'have to modify the Turbidity value and hit render-cancel again. After that I set again to 1.9 and it renders correctly
- LED stripes on the ceiling is an poly with 1000% Luminosity. K3 VPR does not show changes when I modify the lumi value even if I hit clear gi, build gi, reset, save object. Only if I exit LW and restart the scene
- Some random crash (I'm trying to reproduce them)

Of course this is an online beta, and I absolutely not complaining about anything. This is NOT a final product, PLUS I don't know how to setup things for speedy K3 render, so the rendertime at 3840x2160 resolution on my i7-5960x@4.4GHz is 4h44m. So currently rendertime informations are not so important. My "limit" for a final render is 1 max 1.5 hour. Here's a 1 hour K2 render from the original scene:
Belso_Lakas_408_01_forum.jpg
Yes, the K2 1 hour render has very crappy GI, but deadline is a serious thing. :) So my target will be making 1 hour K3 renders with better quality than K2.

Is anyone interested starting finetuning K3 settings? Maybe I can upload the scene (the empty one - first pic)
vgabex

Re: vgabex K3 Test Room

Post by vgabex »

There are some random 100% white dots on the doors. Any idea?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

When I will find my VGA cable (I moving to another appartment) i will answer questions.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here what you must change:
- you used old Physky from K2 - change to HOSEK - this is the newest implementation of physical light:
ScreenShot215.png
- do not use Anti Aliasing in K3 - is total broken (3-4 times longer render then usually) this is bug.
- use PhotonMap (photons from light sources - much more accurate - almost Path Tracing positioning):
ScreenShot214.png
ScreenShot214.png (11.46 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
- 1000 rays is for Ultra Quality. Just simple 50 Rays for prev and 300 rays for final render (do not worry about Noise it will be reduced after AA)
ScreenShot216.png
- Area Lights and luminescence quality:
ScreenShot218.png

Kray VPR has a lot "refresh bugs". In this moment you can use some tricks: after changes in scene - simple move camera a little bit. if is not helping use Kray3CmdUpdate. Sometimes better is just restart Lightwave. Do not use LW Shader Nodes.

For windows use Area Light.
For small light sources LEM.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

U know why u didnt get good result? Cause ur tryin to light ur room with only thos poor lem on cellung or walls thos are just for style and give u nice warm. U need to put lamp interior + try to use in ur tonemapping less contrast share this scn let us take a look. U will see the differance.