Interior 1.9 million poly

Keraressi Abdelkarim

Re: Interior 1.9 million poly

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

for me the most important to see many shaodw intersection pretty much all engine render fail when it became about many shadows when u r using many lights. the point is if we can havecontrol with buffer to make in shadow appear really black . thankYou!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

lightwave3d wrote:for me the most important to see many shaodw intersection pretty much all engine render fail when it became about many shadows when u r using many lights. the point is if we can havecontrol with buffer to make in shadow appear really black . thankYou!
Here is your answer solution:
FS#40 request
http://www.kraytracing.com/bugtracker/i ... task_id=40

Density of shadows has nothing to to with GI. This is matter of post process.
FS#40 has first part ready: ultra fast Kray3OCC...is so fast that it has not influence for render speed!

The purpose of Kray3OCC is not only support shadows density but also new pipeline: under Kray3VPR in future this will be support for Final Gathering.
You will setup render engine in low FG quality smooth GI (no splotches) and adding blending with OCC will give you nice quality effect which for many clients is enough. This procedures will give around 20-60 sec time render for 1280pix or even less. Probably this will give us also opportunity render fast animation...really fast.

I say again: K3 open many unique new gates for rendering and everything is before us.

Here you can see effect with OCC blending. Render done i a few seconds (poor FG without splotches)
In normal render you can notice contact shadow but after that OCC reduce this effect.
Of course this is just my first attempt with that so it can be improve by real time K3VPR rendering (I did it in Photoshop by Multiply 50%)
This will be in future in K3 of course in real time.

And here pure RAW render + pure 100% white OCC:
K3_FG.png
K3_.png
vgabex

Post by vgabex »

Will Kray3OCC have it's own exportable separated chanel in Kray Buffers?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

vgabex wrote:Will Kray3OCC have it's own exportable separated chanel in Kray Buffers?
Yes of course. Everything what you have in internal buffer of K3 can be exported like buffer channel. Spending time for exporting OCC channel will be
unnoticeable - is really fast. I will put this as request for K3 buffers channel. Thanks for remanding.
vgabex

Post by vgabex »

I Think the most expert solution would be this:
- No visible OC on rendered image, but OCC calculation by K3
- OCC pass in separated file to controll the effect in post on areas where needed
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

...closer and closer. OB3 soon.
First render Kray in full PhotonMap EVER with complete working lights for this system: Physky2+Sun, Kray Area Lights and KrayLEM panels.
Kray3VPR with 200.000.000 photons, full effects: reflection/blur/bump/refraction, full 10 bounce lights, QMC sampling, 3 min time render without Anti Aliasing:
ScreenShot173.png
Missing some parts in scene because I haunt object which giving me crash :evil:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Kray3VPR, Pure Path Tracing with 10 bounce lights (Yes, I screw this engine always on maximum) - 40 min:
K3_Path_Tracing_40min.png
Kray3VPR QMC 10 bounce lights - 3 min:
K3_QMC_3min.png
There are slightly differences in scene between two renders because I haunt bugs and some objects are missing. So time for QMC system can be ~4min.
Amount of photons caught by scene - positioned on surfaces (200 millions ,70 sec) but amount of photons shoot generally to get this: unknown :evil:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

...sorry for mistake: I check today again (perhaps in night I was tired haunting bugs and I wrong measured time)

K3VPR in 2 min:
K3VPR_QMC_2min.jpg
khan973

Post by khan973 »

The results are impressive, I really can feel it's a new Kray!
I hope Anti-aliasing will be blazing fast!
Can you remind me again where it's using GPU? For the vpr only?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

khan973 wrote:The results are impressive, I really can feel it's a new Kray!
I hope Anti-aliasing will be blazing fast!
Can you remind me again where it's using GPU? For the vpr only?
GPU will be later activate. Is not so easy split job between CPU and GPU working in the same time.
But first we must close core - very soon. After that phase 2. Then will be AA and other things in VPR.

Update Kray3 Open Beta 3 probably today! I will announce it.
Also I make tutorials right now + scenes....be sure you will start hate standard render.
The K3 VPR change so strong whole rendering system that I stopped using K2 .....

One more test I release horses: 400.000.000 photons in around 90 sec :
K3VPR after - 2 sec:
ScreenShot175.png
K3VPR after 30-50 sec (complete render, only AA is missing):
K3_VPR04_.jpg
K3_VPR03_.jpg
K3_VPR02_.jpg
My favorite, almost 100% of whole frame with reflection + some with high blur:
K3_VPR05_.jpg
Lightwave render VPR after 3 min:
Lightwave_3min.jpg
Please do not watch surfaces quality - they are standard LW setting, most without any Nodes and with wrong diffuse.

After K3OB3 Grzegorz start add serious stuff. We have still bugs - it is normal but at least OB3 has comfortable stability (progress here: http://www.kraytracing.com/bugtracker/ )
G. also is a little "crazy" about optimization: if is possible make 5 sec from out of 10 (render procedures, faster AA, faster blur, etc) he do it.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Will you provide a node setup to use Phisical based texturing ?
What I love with this workflow is you just texture once and then you can use your textures with pretty much the same result on any renderer.

It would be awesome for the future to have a Kray 3 node specifically for PBR. So we just plug textures in.
That way we texture in seconds if our textures are ready.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I do not know yet.
But what I know it must by ShaderKray system - without, rendering has no sense. The target is to see whole setup of surfaces in real time with Global Illumination.
Personally I am fan of system to receive the final render as soon as possible even when surfacing is not ideal. This is really not necessary today. 90% of clients wants fast and good score they do not pay attention for ultra quality surfacing.
If somebody wants ultra quality then must go to Arnold or Maxwell where surface system is reach.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

I get the idea, but that's exactly it, with physically based texturing, you can achieve fast and awesome results. That's why it could be a good idea to have a pbr material where we plug things in.
There are only a few parameters to manage.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

khan973 wrote:I get the idea, but that's exactly it, with physically based texturing, you can achieve fast and awesome results. That's why it could be a good idea to have a pbr material where we plug things in.
There are only a few parameters to manage.
Yes.
The idea is simple:
1. pre processing from LW Nodes (this is really great tool and very easy...but you need to know how to do it) I will do tutorials in future for that. You can create all existing surfaces by this i few second
2. physical behavior of surfaces:
- Ani Reflection
- SSS
- real glass
- OrenNayar diffuse
- fast translucency with color transport
- double reflection mixer
- displacement
- etc

All these above done by KrayShaderPlugin and it can be combined (of course must be) with pre processing in LW Nodes.
Simply you create surface in Nodes for interior floor (texture, diffuse channel, reflection, Fresnel, reflection blur, bump) and from KrayShaderPlugin you select Ani reflection - in this case for example.
Very Simple and 100% guarantee quality, physical behavior and speed render!
The KrayShaderPlugin will have of course control over effects and in case of Ani reflection you will have two controls: distance strength of Ani Reflection and blur strength. So plugin will automatically override LW Node reflection with physical effect.
KrayVPR will give you almost immediately render effect in full light condition ...you will not need next fancy ray tracing preview in next fancy GUI window. STRAIGHT TO THE SUBJECT. Why Kray3VPR must be fast...diabolic fast.

In this moment with old Final Gathering (from K2 still) you can render full quality with Anti Aliasing under K3VPR with 640 pix in 10-30 sec (is not yet AA but I just calculate). In 1-5 sec you get enough clean preview (sorry not preview: full render without any tricks) to see your changes from light, surfaces.
Even if you want full control in scene you can switch to Pure Path Tracing and in small window you do all setup include light.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I think I forgot post here this information:
1.000.000.000 photons (I just wanted achieve this zone with my curiosity)
K3_VPR_A.jpg
ScreenShot190.png
And turbo render after that under 5 min:
K3_VPR_4min30sec.jpg