Re: White corner sofa

Post by Janusz Biela »

...keep going...
Charlie.jpg
thomas

Post by thomas »

Beautiful render!

As always, I try to give my main point of critique, even though I wouldn't be able to do better (or even as good): there's something off about the overblown exterior image in the window. It looks to overblown and "whited out", and the shadow parts have no detail at all (in the green plants outside).

If you look at the photographs here, for example, you'll see that, yes, of course the exposure of the outside window view becomes superbright, but that actually brings out all the details in the shadowy parts of the trees or plants.

http://www.zeeandmarina.com/interior/

In your window view the shadow part becomes brighter, but there is just no detail, which makes it looks murky and gives away that it's a render.
thomas

Post by thomas »

Basically, try to use HDR photos with detail in the shadows, and don't mix with white. Just raise the luminosity of the surface.
artattak

Post by artattak »

thomas wrote:Beautiful render!

As always, I try to give my main point of critique, even though I wouldn't be able to do better (or even as good): there's something off about the overblown exterior image in the window. It looks to overblown and "whited out", and the shadow parts have no detail at all (in the green plants outside).

If you look at the photographs here, for example, you'll see that, yes, of course the exposure of the outside window view becomes superbright, but that actually brings out all the details in the shadowy parts of the trees or plants.

http://www.zeeandmarina.com/interior/

In your window view the shadow part becomes brighter, but there is just no detail, which makes it looks murky and gives away that it's a render.

Of course, you are right.
In the real world, so it looks like you're writing.
But advertising photography is something else entirely.
The product, a piece of furniture must be clearly visible. Therefore brightens up the interior lamps in a studio. See link.
http://www.studioasymetria.com/wp-conte ... VIDA-1.jpg
thomas

Post by thomas »

I don't think you're understanding my point correctly. The link you posted also shows what I mean, and what looks natural: the exterior "plants through the window" part gets a lot more exposure, relative to the interior lighting, so the dark shadows in the plant become well-exposed and bright green. This looks natural.

In your example the exterior "plants through the window" looks like it is mixed with white, so the outside looks like it's a foggy day, instead of bright. You can tell the difference because your dark black shadow areas don't become bright green areas, they just become dark to medium gray, but don't get any detail or definition: it's just one general dark shadow area that is made lighter.

It's just a detail in an otherwise great image, but I just wanted to make sure I got my point across.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

The greatest idea is that he does that quality in 2-3 h total time from the scratch...or 2-3 final print final images per day for client... :mrgreen:
thomas

Post by thomas »

Definitely - don't get me wrong: this is amazing work, at an amazing speed!