clear render
clear render
render plus postprocess / ps, zbufor /
render plus postprocess / ps, zbufor /
thomas

Re: New gold nod

Post by thomas »

Looks nice!

Are you implementing some form of GGX-shading?

http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/ggx/ggx.htm

Cheers, have a nice weekend,
Thomas
artattak

Post by artattak »

Nod gold does not have GGX shading.
But the check and I will try to add GGX.
LW has a DP nodes kit and equivalent GGX.
Black gloos a shader DP kit
Attachments
komoda_4_szuflady_low_res.jpg
001.jpg
S0nny

Post by S0nny »

artattak wrote: LW has a DP nodes kit and equivalent GGX.
Black gloos a shader DP kit
I'm pretty sure there's no ggx equivalent for Lw or DP, which node are you referring to?

The best node for Lw reflections is Pom's gaussian node, but is very bugged and not usable in production. Right now the only way to get something similar to GGX in Lw is with specular, or with layered reflections with different level of glossiness, but this method is far to be nice as GGX.

Nice works btw!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Try this one Node.
Injector color in DP Kit Reflection Node (this is only one shader in whole LW which I use).
Attachments
gold.srf
(46.34 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
S0nny

Post by S0nny »

Janusz this is just the DP reflection node. GGX is a totally different thing, It has a much smoother distribution of the blurrines, it has also a tail.
Dp reflection blur doesn't solve the problem with ugly reflection blur in Lw. Dp reflection is the same as lw, just a less aggressive blur and some other settings, but the look is exactly the same (bad).
The only one nicer is Pom's gaussian reflection blur, but unfortunately it's not usable in production.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I post this one because we do not have any other solution right now for shaders in Kray. More important is fact that, the DP Reflection is quite less risky in renders (almost no problems with compatibility) . I do not share information which can bring "problems" in commercial renders in Kray. I do not share surfaces which can brings something bad for renders.
Of course there (in LW) are a lot shaders...but most of them are buggy, no documentation (so no 100% support in Kray), slow rendering, etc.
Simply forget about ANY shaders in Kray. Only basic simulation by math connections or pre-processing.

Situation will be solved with K3 when new engine will have his own shaders (K3ShaderPlugin) done specially trough K3 Core and of course optimized for speed and quality. There is no other way to simulate "more complex" physically surfaces. Do not try 3-th part LW plugins...waste of time.

Problem with reflection blur - can be solve only through the Core Engine. If is something (for example LW shader) which gives you faster or better effect it is because of some "brute force" effects done by plugin/shader. This will never work correctly and fast.
GI Noise and reflection blur noise comes from Photon Map, Progressive Photon Map or Path Tracing system of photon distribution . To solve problem, K3Core Engine will have vertex connection and merging system: http://www.smallvcm.com/reports/60sec/
All tricks with reducing noise by special engine or reducing hot pixels by special detector are just halfway solutions.

In sum: you need good GI engine and well written shaders :mrgreen: