the new engine GPU come to life

Please post finished works here.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

the new engine GPU come to life

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

this guy is so talented he start to make this engine gpu render in 2015. so he realise it thos last days . our kray3 CPU render start on 2012 stilll 2016 nothing how pls. i let this guy know if he can make it inside lightwave .

this engine work only with 3Dsmax. this devloper he told me he dont have experience in lw sdk ex... but he will take alook if he can do something i really like his speculary and glossines +reflection its soo realsitic to me . thos key to acheive photorealsitic render and this guy he will go soo fare.he already post his renders on octane fb page :D lol .

cheers.
Attachments
ktc0.jpg
thomas

Re: the new engine GPU come to life

Post by thomas »

Hey! That looks nice, but surely Kray 2 can do this (and better)?

By the way: I'm using Octane a lot now, and I love it, but brute force is really not the way to go in my opinion. It will always be slower than smarter methodes. Speaking of which: what is the rendertime for the above image, and on what hardware? Pretty important to know.

p.s. They refer to fstormrender as "we". What makes you think this is one guy?
Last edited by thomas on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Did you ask time render, GPU and limits?
Some surfaces has shaders influence.
I suspect very long time render.
Also you do not need be talented to make GPU Path Tracing render....you need be talented make it fast and flexible for features. On the market are a lot Path Tracing render engines because it is easy to write down but only a few are fully operated with features.

Here are link with render engines:
http://www.pointzero.nl/renderers/

Only a few has commercial success because is not about realism is about features, flexibility, work pipe line.
thomas

Post by thomas »

From what I read on CGtalk, render time is fast but:

- No interactive mode
- No motion blur
- No displacement mapping

And of course you are limited to the memory in your graphics card.
thomas

Post by thomas »

Janusz, that list is missing Octane for Lightwave :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

thomas wrote:Janusz, that list is missing Octane for Lightwave :D
This is old list ...you must add ~30-40% more.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

thomas wrote:
- No interactive mode
+ Path Tracing means: you will never finish project....
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Janusz Biela wrote:Did you ask time render, GPU and limits?
well the hardware Titan X + GTX980Ti

render times 18min .
thomas

Post by thomas »

The numbers are a bit off to be honest. The benchmark talks about 18 minutes, but that's only for 1024 x 1024.

If you go here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/ind ... 38416.html

The results don't look that great, to be honest. This took 20 minutes on a Titan X + 980 Ti:

http://www.fstormrender.com/Images/Othe ... WIP/19.jpg

This is a pretty crappy resolution, looks terrible, and is about 1700 dollars for the graphics cards alone.

This scene at 3k x 3k took 38 minutes on two Titans (= 2000 dollar).

I'm really not impressed. It's not that fast, not cheap, and it does'nt look that great..
Keraressi Abdelkarim

thomas wrote:The numbers are a bit off to be honest. The benchmark talks about 18 minutes, but that's only for 1024 x 1024.
man its like you said G. make render with his own engine kray . so need artist to use render not the programmer so

lets check render time vs vray RT. vray Rt 4 titan 2.5H render time

and this storm Gpu render about 38min42sec with 2 titan you can see and his glass calculation i really love it glass and reflection photorealistic. :D .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Keraressi Abdelkarim

:P
Attachments
image_45.jpg
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

read my earlier post about Path Tracing speed: "impossible make faster".
PT is PT ...you want faster - buy more TitaniumZ. Do not exist optimization for PT!

What coder can do is:
- Interpolation GI based on Path Tracing calculations in first minutes (seconds) of render ....because you must see something in previewer. After that render is updated with pure PT samples, it means: you see fast render at the beginning with big noise but to get acceptable quality you need wait a lot.
- special de-noise filters
- limitation of bounce light
- adding OCC effect as support for GI (fake)
- multilight (Maxwell) save time but also make renders longer.
- all kind of trick which gives users feelings is good speed render at the beginning.

Renders above very good but still simple. You can get it in LW Native with good surfacing but you must use QMC at least.
thomas

Post by thomas »

Yep, that last render is a nice render, but I agree with Janusz: this is something you can do in Kray 2 or LW fairly easily.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

thomas wrote:Yep, that last render is a nice render, but I agree with Janusz: this is something you can do in Kray 2 or LW fairly easily

man look his reflection and glass and speculary and glossines. in one yearhe make this engine render to life . just few code or i dontk now . kray we still suffer about 0shading 0 wip on kray3 and i stillget the update from the uselesss podium dave wayen ex.... i guess G. wast his time for that product instead focusing on our dream baby kray3 . render without good shaders and materialsand physique it and control it mean nothing u cant have fun . i tried octane i really enjoy to use demo for 3 days i really like the workflow of octane its like u play game . k2 better then octane for sure but the bad think we have some bad and very bad shaders from lightwave and that crap physky for k2 . no vpr . nothing . also lightwave3D they make new whole engine. they make new render ex... new tools . new architectural lightwave programming but i guess it willrelease 2017 and kray 3 tooo . soo we still very weak until thos k3 and lw2016 will be ready. we cant do car render ?!photoreasltic ?!! carpaint also with kray command itsnot support as well. kray2 didnt support shadow catcher nor we dont have buffer gi and shadow export ! sooo thats it for me .

go takealook on Vred good take alook . autodesk genuis they make photorealsitic car render accurate physics and fast.

and now if u can see all world they make gpu render. look the king vray . he have cpu and gpu. everyone think about gpu. k3 will not have gpu until one year more :D . or mybe never . 0 information about the beta progress ...... . this week after 3 weeks passed this week . we didnt see new update or progressss . pls make your self in mine . Thank You! .
thomas

Post by thomas »

I understand that it can be frustrating to wait for K3, but I can assure you that the other renders are not the supergreat solution that you think they are.

We run a design studio that employs 22 people (me together with 3 associates). We use Lightwave native render, LW + Kray, LW + Octane, 3DS Max + V-ray, and occasionally a freelancer comes here that uses Modo and Cinema 4D. Every renderer runs into issues. Sometimes Kray saves the day, sometimes another renderer does better. In 90% of the cases LW native or LW + Kray does a wonderful job in less time then alternative solutions. There is a reason why we have 5 seats of LW, and only one 3DS Max + V-ray, and that reason is not ignorance.

By the way: 3DS Max is 1600 euro per year (EACH year) and V-ray is 750 euro. Per seat.