room new light test

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

room new light test

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here new test with some new ideas. I did not want make exactly the same effect (it was no target). When I render this in V-ray I was terrified with speed render: 11 min for resolution 600x400 pix!:
RAW:
V-ray_11min.png
...it was no way when Kray could be even close to this score (this is quite heavy scene with many V-ray shades) But with Nodes (especially with limited reflection) it was possible to get almost the same time :wink: ...also in V-ray they limit recurse for reflection so is not "cheating".

HiRes V-ray with post process:
AI32_007_PP.jpg

Kray render 1h40min with post process:
room_v01.png
One more think: my render has no specular at all so all reflections are physically correct.
graflukas

Re: room new light test

Post by graflukas »

no specular at all... that's why laether on the chair and the wooden floor is not overburned by this,
so it's look more realistic;
but in another way, in some cases, even humen eye can find the same effect in a real life, similar to Vray,
then, it's very difficult to say, what is more realistic

anyway, the target was to improve Kray opportunities and get similar quality to Vray,
what of course was pretty done :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Thanks. Here one frame from animation (still render it, so later I will post whole effect with details):
Int_frame_anim_00015.png
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

great rendering, janusz!!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here test animation.
Bake every 40th frame with total time 40 min (1.5 Giga data)
Frame time render 15 min. Scene has some surfaces which I did not setup fully (some errors in animation on the surfaces) but this is test of Bake GI system animation in Kray. Ant Aliasing Grid 4, minimum for animation.

[youtube]zmZasTyyG0A[/youtube]
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

nice work ! and very good surface !
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

nice stuff as always ^^ :mrgreen:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

here original mp4 so you can easy stop frames to see errors or details.
BAKE_GI_test.mp4
(9.62 MiB) Downloaded 242 times
promity

Post by promity »

Very beauty render, very clean, good lighting balance, etc.
But why would you need to bake every frame, if there no objects with deforming / moving?
Just for comparison - the built-in renderer in such cases bakes only one frame, and clones radiosity information on all the others, so there is no need to bake for every frame of the animation.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

promity wrote:Very beauty render, very clean, good lighting balance, etc.
But why would you need to bake every frame, if there no objects with deforming / moving?
Just for comparison - the built-in renderer in such cases bakes only one frame, and clones radiosity information on all the others, so there is no need to bake for every frame of the animation.
Very good question!
Bake GI doesn`t mean you need BAKE all frames. The movement of camera is enough slow not to make big difference between nearest frames. Making BAKE in frame 01 and frame 40 cover with GI practically whole area between 01 and 40 but with one rules: speed of camera must be enough small.
Because camera move during 160 frames just 3-4 meters is enough create BAKE every 40th frame. If distance will be bigger, for example 20 meters, then user must take decision about smaller step between baked frames: for example every 20th frame. Then more camera move with distance, the shortest should be distance between BAKE frames.
There is no rules how big should be frame step. This situation can not be solve by software.
From my experience step 20 is secure for most situations. I did step 40 because is very small distance between frame 01 and frame 160.
Please remember that, for making good animation in Final Gathering you need two things:
- static photon map solution (in this case Kray is the best from all software)
- enough GI samples which make very little differences between frames - every frame render engine calculate GI differently - of course this is not visible and this is normal everywhere.

during BAKING frames in Kray you can notice there is no reflection, no blur reflection, no transparency, no textures, no Anti-Aliasing. This is correct. These thinks are ray tracing calculations and they do not need to be BAKE because that thinks are independent from Global Illumination.
I rendered whole animation almost three days but BAKE took 45 min and real animation (which I could not not see of course) was ready after these 45 min inside BAKE file! Rest is just pure CPU calculation: AA, Blurr, Reflection, Transparency. Of course I render it on two computers because having ready BAKE GI file you can use it for many computers and also you can render animation as you want with breaks or different range frames. Important is not to change anything in scene because there inside BAKE file is whole Global Illumination which cover ideal objects.
For example if you will delete chair after BAKE and start render animation you will see in this place black region.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

To complete all informations from above here how should NOT look photon map solution for rendering with Final Gathering:
[youtube]yHsg7DFt53Q[/youtube]

Here perfect example how should look photon map in animation.Of course for Kray this is basic feature even for heavy scene is piece of cake (Interior test above):
[youtube]_tz3NEeWeLM[/youtube]