Kray Packaged Scenes

Please post finished works here.
ZodiaQ

Re: Kray Packaged Scenes

Post by ZodiaQ »

I agree too that the Kray community desperately needs more info, tips about materials building (nodes), lighting setup.
Problem as always is that every scene is different and methods not always works in any situation.
So i agree we need more knowledge and not just sample scenes, I too often get lost in all (sometimes obsolete) forum posts.
Most often I just copy sample scenes / materials and try to understand.

And about Halumbra, to get some decent info I guess I would want 3 or 4 of their scenes, and I cannot ask my boss to spend an amount of money almost equal to a complete software package, just for learning purpose, so in my case I'm afraid the price is too high as well. Allthough I understand there's a lot of work involved.
Last edited by ZodiaQ on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

AVLKray wrote:I agree too that the Kray community desperately needs more info, tips about materials building (nodes), lighting setup.
...sorry for cutting your post. I agree with you. I started Nodes around one year ago thinking it will somebody develop it :) Anyway still waiting but this situation is generate by this: Nodes are scary in first contact and it is true. But when you start understand system you can not back to old one because is so fast and easy. If Lightwave would not have Nodes I would give up this soft...but I do not. LW Nodes has the richest system ever and you can do there everything.
The point is, nobody was welling to create physical system for LW or Kray - only me.
It works perfect, no problems at all and the most important: it boost still hidden potential in Kray. Forget about LW Native Engine Render ...is too old and even if you will put my Nodes to LW render Engine you will get nothing (read: still bad quality render because of poor light transport)
AVLKray wrote: Problem as always is that every scene is different and methods not always works in any situation.
So i agree we need more knowledge and not just sample scenes, I too often get lost in all (sometimes obsolete) forum posts.
Most often I just copy sample scenes / materials and try to understand.
This is common everywhere. V-ray community, Moodo, and so one. We start testing new functions in K3 (soon will show test renders I just wait when G. will add small part of code for refreshing Kray 3.0 from Layout) and I will try clarify this information mess about settings after full release K3.
AVLKray wrote: And about Halumbra, to get some decent info I guess I would wany 3 or 4 of their scenes, and I cannot ask my boss to spend an amount of money almost equal to a complete software package, just for learning purpose, so in my case I'm afraid the price is too high as well. Allthough I understand there's a lot of work involved.
Any "job" which increase your skill is good job. The worst scenario is complying (is not about you :) ) changing software every half year, watching another people, listening another people - even if you are wrong with Idea/path this is good because you create something and it means you develop yourself.
Personally I do not listen anybody, I go all the time against current, if everybody goes to Right I go to Left :wink:
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Indeed Kray cannot produce high quality results without using nodes. After many years I finally started to understand the basics of nodes about 1-2 years ago :D . Ever since I use (your) basic Kray nodes and try to adapt and make variantions depending on the situation.
And results have jumped to higher level right away :)
But in this very quickly changing industrie, I sometimes get desperate to wait for K3 for such a long time. I understand that G. codes by himself and it must be an epic job, so all respect to G for doing this task, but if knowledge and software possibilities stay unchanged for long period of time, while we see things passing by on all sides, like Corona, Octane, Unreal engine, that produce awesome results, well that's sometimes frustrating. and it's tempting to want to switch to other package.
Especially because another thing sometimes worries me, that's if something ever happens to G, that would mean the end of Kray, right ?
Last edited by ZodiaQ on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here about Corona, Octane, Unreal engine:
- great possibilities - totally bad pipeline
FORGET about these render engines (I say not as Kray user):
- slow
- slower
- the slowest
If you have no good hardware even DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT! Besides commercial pipe line which doesn`t exist in my opinion in Lightwave. You can use them for private rendering...
Anyway if somebody like to try these render engines (Corona, Octane, Unreal engine) feel free and come back as soon is possible....better to feel "pain" on your own skin :) but do not forget bring with you render from these Engines to show here at the forum your renders.

For G. Kray is life job and he will never drop his creation :wink:

Yes , Nodes is only one way. Without this system also V-ray sucks...
Halumbra

Post by Halumbra »

A couple scenes more. Another member of the forum is now colaborating with us, we are going to upgrade some of his best scenes and offer his scenes in our web too. Web is almost finish, two weeks and it´s gonna be online.

Regards.
Porcelanosa 04_02B.jpg
Porcelanosa 04_01B.jpg
Porcelanosa 05_01.jpg
Porcelanosa 05_02.jpg
graflukas

Post by graflukas »

Looks perfect :D
Each one, more sophisticated then previous.
Pretty well done.
Halumbra

Post by Halumbra »

Dimobili 01B_07.jpg
Dimobili 01B_02.jpg
Dimobili 01B_03.jpg
Dimobili 01B_06.jpg
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

As always: very good stuff 8)
Halumbra

Post by Halumbra »

Bedrooms
Habitacion 01_02.jpg
Habitacion 01_03.jpg
Habitacion 02_03.jpg
Habitacion 02_02.jpg
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

getting better with each image :-)

the only thing: not convinced by the floors in some of the scenes, see for example too much bump in last one...

looking forward to see your web presence online!

cheers

markus
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Your quality just confirm: Kray is the best in Lightwave (I know there is Octane, Maxwell - which is standalone, etc) but still not good renders on the forum from these engine renders.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

nice stay at this way man . u will be good . i like ur node ^^ . :mrgreen:
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

One think if u dont mind pls . can u change this ur website police pls ?

and make it in the corner of image . its give bad look to ur render when u put it in center of the image thank u :) .
Adriano

Post by Adriano »

I have a question Halumbra
You not afraid to use free models on scene?
I mean copyrights.

I ask because I know that a lot of the problems.

Bike that stands in one of the scenes can be downloaded for free from the website.

Please If you can reply to me how to deal with it.
Halumbra

Post by Halumbra »

Adriano wrote:I have a question Halumbra
You not afraid to use free models on scene?
I mean copyrights.

I ask because I know that a lot of the problems.

Bike that stands in one of the scenes can be downloaded for free from the website.

Please If you can reply to me how to deal with it.
Hello,

Maybe you can download the bike for free, but it doesn´t mean we downloaded it from a free website. Also, as long as i know free downloaded objets, that many times have low poly and resolution, can be used as reference for remodel your own objets.
remodel.jpg
Regards.