50 frames anim test kray 1.7b01

Please post finished works here.
RogerNyheim

50 frames anim test kray 1.7b01

Post by RogerNyheim »

http://www.r-nyheim.com/stue.mov
kitchen test... need some advice about antialising...
Janusz Biela

Re: 50 frames anim test kray 1.7b01

Post by Janusz Biela »

RogerNyheim wrote:http://www.r-nyheim.com/stue.mov
Hey nice anim!
Bad:
too dark and too bad colors....

Try this:
type in Tailer cmds:

recurse 10;postprocess desaturate,0.1;postprocess mult,(3,3,3);postprocess gamma,1;

recurse 10; - limied bounce lights to 10.
postprocess desaturate,0.1; - reduce colors (value 1 make grey renders, I use from 0.1 to 0.3)
postprocess mult,(3,3,3);postprocess gamma,1.0; - this is G-buffer Bright/Dark Multiplier - This function increse white colors (IMHO this is best function in Kray :D )
You must use Exponential whit PARAMETR and EXPOSURE= 1.0
postprocess gamma,1.0; - high value=dark renders (I use from 0.7 to 1.4)
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

Johny_quick wrote:
Hey nice anim!
Bad:

Try this:
type in Tailer cmds:

recurse 10;postprocess desaturate,0.1;postprocess mult,(3,3,3);postprocess gamma,1;

postprocess desaturate,0.1; - reduce colors (value 1 make grey renders, I use from 0.1 to 0.3)
postprocess mult,(3,3,3);postprocess gamma,1.0; - this is G-buffer Bright/Dark Multiplier - This function increse white colors (IMHO this is best function in Kray :D )
Tnx for the tip... I'm going to render it in hdri at last, but i really need to fix this flickerring before i start colorcorrecting... I decreased my recurse to 6 now, got a lot more sterile color...
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

RogerNyheim wrote:
Johny_quick wrote:
Hey nice anim!
Bad:

Try this:
type in Tailer cmds:

Tnx for the tip... I'm going to render it in hdri at last, but i really need to fix this flickerring before i start colorcorrecting... I decreased my recurse to 6 now, got a lot more sterile color...
I've looked at your renders... do you use DOF in kray or do you postprocess with Z-depht? and what kind of antialising do you use?
I'm going to use Kray for animation, so I need some fast setup for antialising...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I use only Z-buffer (this is perfect!)
AA use in Kray:
Preset - MEDIUM.
Sharpnes and Dof add on Photoshop.
look:
Attachments
sponza_4.jpg
sponza_4.jpg (206.38 KiB) Viewed 7416 times
sponza_9.jpg
sponza_9.jpg (188.8 KiB) Viewed 7472 times
jure

Post by jure »

Hey Roger! Nice work you have there. What AA settings are you using now? I would recomend you rotated Grid 3, maybe 4. Other settings look up in my tutorial Image. Upsample leave at 0. If AA misses thin lines turn it up to 1 or 2. If it still misses lines you can go try FSAA. Upsample will try to detect edges by rendering in higher resolution so this only works for geometry (not for textures or similar).

Also I see some flickering. Did you render your animation with GI file and "Both" selected?
- Jure
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

Johny_quick wrote:I use only Z-buffer (this is perfect!)
AA use in Kray:
Preset - MEDIUM.
Sharpnes and Dof add on Photoshop.
look:
Just love this Rendrer NOW :-D

It has not crashed ONE time.... :-D hiiiiihaaaaa!!!!

And when this program is BNR friendly, im going to render out an INSANE big animation with this software :-D
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

jure wrote:Hey Roger! Nice work you have there. What AA settings are you using now? I would recomend you rotated Grid 3, maybe 4. Other settings look up in my tutorial Image. Upsample leave at 0. If AA misses thin lines turn it up to 1 or 2. If it still misses lines you can go try FSAA. Upsample will try to detect edges by rendering in higher resolution so this only works for geometry (not for textures or similar).

Also I see some flickering. Did you render your animation with GI file and "Both" selected?
yep I rendered with with GI shared, but I have stopped the render and changed my AA settings 3 times trying to get the vertical flickering away...

the last aa settings I tried was Quasi-random... the only settings I changed
was thickness on level 2.
I really need some "in depht" instruction manual on the AA.
jure

Post by jure »

Have you chacked this brief explanation? http://www.kraytracing.com/forum/viewto ... 39cf7a6d8d

Anyways here's a short info:
You have 3 AA modes Grid, Quasi and Random. Random isn't much of a use since it's slow.

Grid is very good but it might be a little slower than quasi. Grid divides every AA pixel into gridsize^2 subpixels. So grid 3 = 9 for every pixel.

In Quasi you can set number of rays each AA sample will fire. Works similar to FG with min ray, max rays and threshold.

The custom settings:
first line is basic edge detection. It will search for difference between pixel brightness and if the pixel is outside the tolerance it will mark it for AA.

second line is edge detection that works on geometry only. This will mark all edges that it finds for AA even if the edges are not acctualy seen (example you won't see black poly on black background but this edge detection will catch it anyways)

thicknes expands pixels marked for AA to neighbouring pixels.
overburn helps getting rid of bad AA when you have very bright polys (lumi > 100%)

Hope this helps somewhat...
- Jure
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

jure wrote:Have you chacked this brief explanation? http://www.kraytracing.com/forum/viewto ... 39cf7a6d8d

Anyways here's a short info:
You have 3 AA modes Grid, Quasi and Random. Random isn't much of a use since it's slow.

Grid is very good but it might be a little slower than quasi. Grid divides every AA pixel into gridsize^2 subpixels. So grid 3 = 9 for every pixel.

In Quasi you can set number of rays each AA sample will fire. Works similar to FG with min ray, max rays and threshold.

The custom settings:
first line is basic edge detection. It will search for difference between pixel brightness and if the pixel is outside the tolerance it will mark it for AA.

second line is edge detection that works on geometry only. This will mark all edges that it finds for AA even if the edges are not acctualy seen (example you won't see black poly on black background but this edge detection will catch it anyways)

thicknes expands pixels marked for AA to neighbouring pixels.
overburn helps getting rid of bad AA when you have very bright polys (lumi > 100%)

Hope this helps somewhat...

Thanx for all good help from you guys, but now I have to go to my parents Xmas party :-D

I'll post the final animation on 200 frames In a day or 2

Marry Xmas to you all!!!!
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

http://www.r-nyheim.com/stue2.mov

new file ... 150+ frames...

some AA problems left but getting closer to the goal....

Thin lines is not a problem anymore... but reflective materials is....

maybe I should use less reflective materals on some objects...
jure

Post by jure »

Cool! Looks great so far! That metal holder for bottles is a bit too noisy. Did u use reflection blurring on it?
- Jure
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

jure wrote:Cool! Looks great so far! That metal holder for bottles is a bit too noisy. Did u use reflection blurring on it?
no I did'nt... There's a lot of reflective surfaces in this scene...
and I'm going to put ref-blur on everyone... and test it again...
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

http://www.r-nyheim.com/stue3.mov

one more frames 150+ test....

As you see the speakers are blurred.... no noise...

ok there we have it.. blur all reflective metallic like surfaces and use quasi-random aa filtering...

Thats it...
jure

Post by jure »

Cool! Now you just have to brighten it to look more pleasing. Are you planning to do it in post?
- Jure