Low Quality - Toilet and Bedroom

Please post finished works here.
jonathlee

Low Quality - Toilet and Bedroom

Post by jonathlee »

Some low quality render of mine while testing texturing.
badroom
badroom
Eww a toilet
Eww a toilet
Janusz Biela

Re: Low Quality - Toilet and Bedroom

Post by Janusz Biela »

I do not think so is low quality....I am curious where from You have equalization to call this low quality.... :)
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

I'm still far away to compare with all the masters here. Surfacing experience still not good enough. Especially fabric, very very hard to create realistic fabric surface.

I really wish I can understand how Artattak texture his sofa fabric > http://www.kraytracing.com/joomla/forum ... =viewtopic
:cry:

Sometime forced to add area light just to affect a sofa object to simulate the specular on the fabric....
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jonathlee wrote:I'm still far away to compare with all the masters here. Surfacing experience still not good enough. Especially fabric, very very hard to create realistic fabric surface.

I really wish I can understand how Artattak texture his sofa fabric > http://www.kraytracing.com/joomla/forum ... =viewtopic
:cry:

Sometime forced to add area light just to affect a sofa object to simulate the specular on the fabric....
How long You use Kray?

Fabric materials are very difficult to simulate , especially when we do not have real velvet shader. I done it by Nodes...but this is really science there. Also fabric views are depends from light - in deep room shadow corners they look bad in full sun also. So difficulty level is raising also from general setup. Very important are size of texture, seamless and UV mapping. So You see, how many parts of render You have to connect and balance toughener to receive good render... :wink:
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

I used Kray for almost a 11 months now, but not on daily basis. May be few times a week.

I tried many method to achieve the result, but really not easy. Sometime forced to render object alone or use incidence angle target to light. But this is not a good solution, too many complicated steps to create this effect.

Hope there are better solution on the fabric texture, node is good but too complex for a newbie :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jonathlee wrote:I used Kray for almost a 11 months now, but not on daily basis. May be few times a week.

I tried many method to achieve the result, but really not easy. Sometime forced to render object alone or use incidence angle target to light. But this is not a good solution, too many complicated steps to create this effect.

Hope there are better solution on the fabric texture, node is good but too complex for a newbie :D
After 11 months I rendered still scenes with boxes and spheres. I think it is very good achievement for that short time (especially when it was not daily use) :wink:
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

After 11 months I rendered still scenes with boxes and spheres. I think it is very good achievement for that short time (especially when it was not daily use)
But your 11 months was when Kray is still in development, while I used a finalized Kray where everyone share their experience in this forum plus fast response in Skype :)

I wish we can compile common error and fixes in a FAQs page for new Kray 3.0 to help future user to have a simpler way to solve their problem.
nico

Post by nico »

share wire perspective view and parameter please...very good look!!
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

Thanks Nico,

Here are the wireframe, I'm not very good at setting the wireframe look, sorry.

Badroom wireframe
Badroom wireframe
Ewww de toilet
Ewww de toilet
jure

Post by jure »

Looks great! I'd just tune down the saturation a bit.
- Jure
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

jure wrote:Looks great! I'd just tune down the saturation a bit.
You're right, slightly higher on the saturation, especially the light on wall.

nico wrote::mrgreen: thank you
You're welcome
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

The override module will be also change in K3.0. Now some surfaces are wrongly render (glass or zero diffuse). I put on my list not to forget this.