RC5 Project...

Please post finished works here.
jure

RC5 Project...

Post by jure »

Hello everyone,

I have just finished this project with RC5.
I used Kray Physical sky and Tonemap blending plugin... The project also included 14 interior animations which i'm going to post separately.

Animations were rendered on REBUSFARM(thanks to guys at rebus for their support!)

Here is the animation (it includes only rough cuts since it's going to be cut and edited later by client): http://www.vimeo.com/7450422
eksterier_00003.jpg
eksterier_00000.jpg
eksterier_00006.jpg
eksterier_00004.jpg
- Jure
vpii

Re: RC5 Project...

Post by vpii »

Very nice Jure. Did you like the render service and did it cost alot in render fees? Congrats.
nico

Post by nico »

good use of physical sky but for my personal no people...i not love the photo people in teh render.

for animation...there are same surface white for hight luminosity....
jure

Post by jure »

vpii wrote:Very nice Jure. Did you like the render service and did it cost alot in render fees? Congrats.
Yes, the use of renderfarm is realy easy with Farminizer. The price is very good too i think. You can check their price calculator - it gives quite accurate result.
- Jure
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

Great work as usual !

I have to side with Nico on this one..I am not a huge fan of people on the renders, be it 2D or 3D.. but I know that might be something the CLIENT wanted.. ;) as is usually the case

Great work !

PS : I liked the pic of the guy tapping the lady's tushy ;)

Matt -
joreldraw

Post by joreldraw »

Nice job Jure.

In my case i like some people in images because drop more live to the image. But in your case i think the composition of people need more job.

Saturation of colors of 2d images dont match fine. And in the swimming pool people are so big!, need to reduce scale.

Waiting to see the animation, at the moment i recieve a vimeo mesage that the video is converting....

All arch work very nice!
jure

Post by jure »

Hey thanks for comments. Yeah I know about the people... It's extremely hard to get good images of people that are also lit correctly. I guess I could work some more in PS to try and fix the light on them but I'm really not enjoying that part of work. ;)

About the people at the pool - that pool is actually very small so that's why they may look big...
- Jure
mattgorner

Post by mattgorner »

What setup in Kray did you use for the animations Jure? They were very clean and flicker-free!
jure

Post by jure »

MattGorner wrote:What setup in Kray did you use for the animations Jure? They were very clean and flicker-free!
FSAA grid 5. But I used Neat video to clear out the remaining noise...
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

animation looks really good. the stills are a bit washed out. Some questions. Are the plants all instances? any other lights in the scene besides physical sky?
So sending a compiled scene to rebus and they do all the rest? Can you see the renders in rebus while they're rendering?
jure

Post by jure »

geo_n wrote:animation looks really good. the stills are a bit washed out. Some questions. Are the plants all instances? any other lights in the scene besides physical sky?
So sending a compiled scene to rebus and they do all the rest? Can you see the renders in rebus while they're rendering?
Yes the plants are instances. Except the grass which is made with clip planes method by Paolo. There are no other lights in the scene.

Yes with the use of farminizer plugin for Lightwave all you need to do is click send to manager and it will export all scene items (except 3rd party plugins) to the rebusfarm. Then you can monitor progress in the rebusfarm manager. You see the images being rendered in real time and also finished frame previews.
- Jure
done

Post by done »

Fantastic job Jure! Exterior animation like that is tough to pull of i think.
I was just wondering, are the moments when the camera is "inside" of a tree intentional?
I had some issues flying trough trees unintentionally when doing animations, small parts of animation that eluded my test renders somehow, would be nice to see them trough opengl :)
jure

Post by jure »

done wrote:Fantastic job Jure! Exterior animation like that is tough to pull of i think.
I was just wondering, are the moments when the camera is "inside" of a tree intentional?
I had some issues flying trough trees unintentionally when doing animations, small parts of animation that eluded my test renders somehow, would be nice to see them trough opengl :)
Yeah actually it was intentional. It'd be too much fuss to try and go around each tree with the camera. And the client confirmed the previz so it wasn't a problem...

I use HDinstance though to preview instances "bounding boxes". This gives pretty good idea. But for the previz I accutaly used lowerez version of the trees, cloned...
- Jure
done

Post by done »

Just another thing if you dont mind sharing; what was the render time for a frame and on what spec?

Cheers,
Ivan
jure

Post by jure »

done wrote:Just another thing if you dont mind sharing; what was the render time for a frame and on what spec?

Cheers,
Ivan
10-15 min on Core i7 2.6Ghz.
- Jure