Compare - "White room" Finish

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

Compare - "White room" Finish

Post by Janusz Biela »

To:
Silverlw, Jure, Captain Obvious, all users of Kray.
I create scene for compare. This example scene from Evermotion, but all objects, scene, tekstures, lights - made by my.
This scene have set up for all textures, surface in format LW.
This scene no set up GI, Lights (don`t move camera!).
I send link to scene, object and textures on the forum

Please set up yor light, GI, Kray for this scene and render to forum

Link to download scene (click "FREE"):
http://rapidshare.de/files/22957081/living.rar.html
Attachments
white_room.jpg
white_room.jpg (163.03 KiB) Viewed 8932 times
white_room_multi.jpg
white_room_multi.jpg (162.52 KiB) Viewed 8734 times
Last edited by Janusz Biela on Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Astonishing work's from you as always... :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Finish scene.
dwyatt

First stab

Post by dwyatt »

Well first of all, I wanted to say hello. I've been watching for a while and I thought this was a good opportunity to give it a shot.
BTW, thanks Johny for the scene. It is a good chance to learn something.
It's my thrird render with Kray and I think I've got a hold of it, but as you can see, there seems to be leak of some kind in the chair to the right. Any help would be greatly appreciated from you Guru's :lol:
No PS done. Straight out of Kray.
Attachments
living1.jpg
living1.jpg (250.88 KiB) Viewed 8733 times
jure

Post by jure »

Well first of all, I wanted to say hello. I've been watching for a while and I thought this was a good opportunity to give it a shot.
It's my thrird render with Kray and I think I've got a hold of it, but as you can see, there seems to be leak of some kind in the chair to the right. Any help would be greatly appreciated from you Guru's Laughing
Have you tried turning on the "thing geometry distance" to 50% and "paths" to 1?

Btw. very nice scene Johnny! Just returned back from vacations so I'd love to try it when I get some free time...
- Jure
Janusz Biela

Re: First stab

Post by Janusz Biela »

dwyatt wrote:Well first of all, I wanted to say hello. I've been watching for a while and I thought this was a good opportunity to give it a shot.
It's my thrird render with Kray and I think I've got a hold of it, but as you can see, there seems to be leak of some kind in the chair to the right. Any help would be greatly appreciated from you Guru's :lol:
O thanks for render!

1/ You must increse FG sample min/max (picture schadow)
2/ Use in Kray "no visible light" (reflect in picture from light)
3/ use Panel (blue color 300-400% in window)
4/ use one area light (inverse dist.`2, 300 mm) in window (1 m behind the window)
5/ switch on in Kray "Phat geometry dist." (25%, 1) (this reduce artefacts shadow on right sofa!) This option increse time render but fix bad schadow)
6/ use one Area light on the celling
7/ use multiplier 0,5 ! and in Tailer Commannd : "recurse 10;"
dwyatt

Post by dwyatt »

Thank you all for a prompt response. My lighting setup is a distant area light for the sun, an area light at the window (inverse distance^2, 500 mm, 11000?K) I didn't use the panel, but I'll give it a shot. And the light that you can see reflected in the picture, was actually a luminous polygon. My final gather min/max was at 100/2000, but I'll up it. As for the multiplier, it was set to 4 with 1.45 gamma and 0.6 exposure. I'll try as you say and give it another go. Thanks to both of you.
barnabythebear

Post by barnabythebear »

Hiya,

I'd love to have a go with this scene but I can't get it from rapidshare. I put the code in, and hit download, but I always get a 'download session invalid' response. Any ideas??

ta

nige.
dwyatt

Post by dwyatt »

OK, here we go. First of all, thanks to Johny and Jure for their advice. It was set to good use, I think.
I've had to set thin geometry distance to 15% with 1 path, but it seems to work. I've set FG rays to 4000 max, but there seems to be still some noise behind the picture :cry: . Anyways, I'm uploading the test for you to C&C it. I know it's a bit darker than Johny's, but I (and my clients usually) like it a bit moodier and cozy. I just can't bring myself to making any brighter, because I just don't see it. I haven't used the GI panel, becase I liked the way the area light worked (at 1m from the window as you told me, Johny). I'm truly enthused with Kray, because it allows me to make Maxwell-like images in a fraction of the time. I'll be trying the other camera shots soon. Thanks to both of you :wink:
Attachments
living2.jpg
living2.jpg (253.37 KiB) Viewed 8759 times
Last edited by dwyatt on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If whishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak!"
dwyatt

Post by dwyatt »

BTW nige, try cleaning all your IE or Firefox temp and cache files, closing your browser, and then try downloading again. If you still have problems, PM me and I'll send you the scene, if it's allright with Johny. :D
dwyatt

Post by dwyatt »

Oh! I forgot to say so, but excellent materials and shaders, Johny!! :shock: I just love that glass...
jure

Post by jure »

Great lighting dwayatt! I love the warm feeling you got there... Good job!

P.S. You could try to do a short animation to see how the rendertimes drop when you use "both"...
- Jure
dwyatt

Post by dwyatt »

Thanks Jure! I just might try that if I have some time.
"If whishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak!"
pienri

Post by pienri »

Ok, I try it and have nice result but I dont know why I had bad picture.
Attachments
Render_bad.jpg
Render_bad.jpg (199.9 KiB) Viewed 8628 times
pienri

Post by pienri »

my settings!