exterior

Please post finished works here.
salvatore

exterior

Post by salvatore »

All 3d except the flowers ,the woman and climbing on the walls.
I welcome advice and comments.
thanks
Attachments
exterior
exterior
jure

Re: exterior

Post by jure »

I think your sun is too much uniform color, the sun is too white and the grass not dense enough. I would also try normal map on the stone or even relief map.
- Jure
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

I think it looks good !

the vines on the trellis and the trees would look a LOT better if you did them in 3D, using library trees and such, also the stone looks very uniform also, you can use some procedurals to break up the symmetry a little bit

looking good !
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

jure wrote:I think your sun is too much uniform color, the sun is too white and the grass not dense enough. I would also try normal map on the stone or even relief map.

Jure ,

I was just doing some tests using that relief map node and it seems to crash on my end, on win xp64, any ideas?

thanks !
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

try to break up the corners of the stone walls in photoshop. the perfect lines at those corners make the material on those walls look like perfectly faked... agree with previous suggestions for better climbing and hanging vegetation assets, be it 3d or 2d. the texture resolution of the used assets is apparently too low. the single women in the shadow is a bit a mistery figure for me... why not place her into the sunlight? some activity (likely on a warm summer weekend afternoon) on the roof terraces would add life to the image, maybe some sun screens already would be ok.

cheers

markus
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

thanks for your advice.
I tried DP kit but I have a PC and not just performer manages the render in some cases.
I do have a long experience in the exterior
done

Post by done »

Doing stone walls is in my experience really painful using LW... DP relief node does help a lot, but it doesnt change the corners part of the problem. The relief node does slow down the render a bit, but sometimes you can get away with nicer bumps, and normalmaps.
I tried working a bit with APS, but its SUBd requirement does make it difficult to work with, and eats whole lot of memory. Doing some cutting on the corner
and displacing by hand sometimes feels like the best option.

Closeups really complicate it :)

If someone does come up with a less painful workflow for this, id love to hear it.