.. model, conception etc. Adrian Kulawik

Light, render MY :lol:

I tu use oversample KRAY rulez :roll:

My CPU: C2D 3.1 GHz

AZ
Attachments
room_Artzgodka.jpg
room_Artzgodka.jpg (210.53 KiB) Viewed 4483 times
Last edited by artzgodka on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Nice job mate! Only thing I would now pay attention is the surfacing of couches etc...

Lights seem nice, but the partly bad surfacing gives it away... Keep them coming bro! :)
weepul

Post by weepul »

Looks to me like you have some light leaks on the wall with the window, and in the shelves...I'd guess it might help for you to make the photon map more accurate, and make sure you have Occlusion enabled in LightWave's Render Globals panel. What photon settings did you use?
G5 Quad 2.5GHz, 2.5 GB RAM, GeForce 7800GT, Mac OS X 10.4.11
artzgodka

Post by artzgodka »

I went in side quality / speed
and this was successful generally

AZ
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Weepul wrote:Looks to me like you have some light leaks on the wall with the window, and in the shelves...I'd guess it might help for you to make the photon map more accurate, and make sure you have Occlusion enabled in LightWave's Render Globals panel. What photon settings did you use?
Occlusionsettings in lw wount do anything in Kray. Setting paths=1 will take care of lightleaks in corners.
Last edited by silverlw on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weepul

Post by weepul »

Silverlw wrote:Occlusionsettings in lw wount do anything in Kray. Setting paths=1 will tace care of lightleaks in corners.
Well, when I was doing tests of this scene I was using paths = 2, and oversampling...and was getting a strange light leak until I turned on Occlusion in Render Globals. That was the only change that fixed it, except that it also didn't happen if I did not use oversampling. So...what was going on?

[edit] I should probably make a thread in the 1.7 forum. I'll do that tomorrow, probably.
artzgodka

Post by artzgodka »

What photon settings did you use?[/quote]

My Photon Settings

AZ
Attachments
photon-setings.jpg
photon-setings.jpg (35.68 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Just a theory: You might have thought it helped since you used very low numbers of photons and since they are shoot random from time to time, you got lucky after you turned on occlusion and rerendered the leak was gone. Precache blur might also increase problems with more leaks in corners so i usually use max 100 or turn it off. If you use 200% blur and only 50% Paths i suspect there will be gaps inbetween. Check with show FG samples so you see exactly how far distance Kray will do it's pathtracing.
weepul

Post by weepul »

Silverlw wrote:Just a theory: You might have thought it helped since you used very low numbers of photons and since they are shoot random from time to time, you got lucky after you turned on occlusion and rerendered the leak was gone. Precache blur might also increase problems with more leaks in corners so i usually use max 100 or turn it off. If you use 200% blur and only 50% Paths i suspect there will be gaps inbetween. Check with show FG samples so you see exactly how far distance Kray will do it's pathtracing.
In my scene I used 1,000,000 photons and 0% blurring. However, right now I can't reproduce the problem, which is really strange because previously it was happening in every render.