kitchen minimal

Janusz Biela

kitchen minimal

Post by Janusz Biela »

Very basic scene for testing.
Please use this setup of K3 for all other scenes and better do not change anything - I tried optimized quality/speed.
This is QMC sampling system based on Photon Mapping.
K3_.png
(2500 pts in Cinebench R15)
kitchen_minimal.7z
(16.14 MiB) Downloaded 331 times
If you want more passes (FSAA Grid4 = 16 passes) simply change it in AA Preset
If you want more/less noise (QMC system) in Final Gather Preset change min Rays:
- 100 very fast render with big noise
- 1000 and more better quality

Changing camera is not working yet. If you change camera press: Kray3CmdUpdateScene
Sometimes disappear textures (new bug) - restart whole Lightwave - scene is light so is not so much disturbing.
Generally we hunt with G. Crashing bugs - immediately crash after press render button.
Do not use LW Shaders!

If you want test differences between Path Tracing and PPM, change system in Quality Preset to Path Tracing.
If you want test in Override Mode, press ctrl+q (Master Plugin) select Kray3Override and enable plugin (all setup ready).

Please remember this is just engine (very modern). Missing are two important parts: real time tone mapping and shaders.
promity

Re: kitchen minimal

Post by promity »

My test.
Attachments
Render_test_001.jpg
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

...important is that we can see whole scene after 5-10 sec with really good quality conditions. I waiting for K3VPR with PPM connected.
Asticles

Post by Asticles »

I've tested and I think that I like the most is the path tracing + cache irradiance.

Edit:but sometimes I lose all the gi and renders like raytracing only.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Asticles wrote:I've tested and I think that I like the most is the path tracing + cache irradiance.

Edit:but sometimes I lose all the gi and renders like raytracing only.
this is also good idea but I think in this moment the best solution is Photon Mapping and QMC sampling (something like Corona).
Let`s wait for VCM in Kray because this system can be very fast especially in PM+QMC.
Asticles

Post by Asticles »

Janusz, what is the best procedure with kray vpr resolution?

When I set the render size to full hd, the preview window gets too big. Can this be resized? There should be also a zoom and pan inside the window to view details in the render.

Regards.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Asticles wrote:Janusz, what is the best procedure with kray vpr resolution?

When I set the render size to full hd, the preview window gets too big. Can this be resized? There should be also a zoom and pan inside the window to view details in the render.

Regards.
Just disable Full size preview:
ScreenShot006.png
ScreenShot006.png (9.71 KiB) Viewed 6672 times
For VPR you must shoot always photons before. Is just better to use PPM for now - up to moment when PPM will be connected to VPR.
Remember, first time when you start VPR in scene you see ray tracing render without photon map. In case of use VPR you must use Photonmap:
ScreenShot007.png
ScreenShot007.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 6672 times
System shoot photons from light sources so they are everywhere and is not dangerous situation when you rotate camera and you see dark behind.
Is one small problem with Photonmap: you must shoot enormous amount of photons. At least 10.000.000 multiply by 10 or 20. You must be sure that all photons penetrated all corners in scene. It takes 20-120 sec but after that you use VPR like in FPP game waiting for refresh.
Asticles

Post by Asticles »

Thanks for the explanation. So, when I'm using progressive photon mapping and when I'm rendering with standard photon map?

Thanks
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Those are two different ways to render images.
PPM is very modern system where goes all render engines right now.
PPM is only "small bus stop" to the VCM. This is the only future now and it happen now in K3.

Here is how it`s work:
1. PPM allow user to see very fast scene (a couple of seconds) also it make better quality because GI data every phase getting better average)
2. VCM (http://www.iliyan.com/publications/Vert ... omparison/) shoot photons in the same time from camera and light sources . VCM make much less needed calculations then Path Tracing.
3. VPR will give us interactive control (changing light, colors, textures in real time + real time tone mapping)
4. We will connect together CPU and GPU in future so rendering will be much faster because some calculation are faster done by CPU some by GPU.