K3 - LW 2015.3 install problem

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
pandras81

K3 - LW 2015.3 install problem

Post by pandras81 »

Hi Everybody!

I'm having trouble installing K3. Any function I try out freezes lightwave, only licence tool works. Shader mods, options, it stops from everything.

I've installed everything according to instructions (K3 folder, opendenoiser etc...) I've tried demo too. It's the same.

Can someone help me what may be the problem?
Alexis

Re: K3 - LW 2015.3 install problem

Post by Alexis »

Hello,

I had the same problem in the beginning with the K3.04. After a complete uninstall of lightwave, removal of config files and reinstallation, it works.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Installation is very simple....can not be easier then put all files in one folder...
pandras81

Post by pandras81 »

Thank you Alexis. I've actually tried it, but I'll try again.

Janusz, your comment was absolutely not helping...... It's obvious that I've copied the neccessary files to the correct folders, as I have said. Also Lightwave has all the functions, but it crashes from starting anything I try with K3 (only license tool works). I have two dual xeons. I've tried it on the other one and it works. Unfortunately, it's not my office computer.

So installation is really simple, thank you for pointing that out. But it's still not working for me. And I thought this is the forum, where I can get help from support, but it seems I'll have to get solution elsewhere.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I helped with release Demo K3. There was full information how to do...is really simple but I want make it much more simpler so I wrote down pdf...for children :) :
https://www.kraytracing.com/pub/docs/Guide_for_K3.pdf

If you have still problem there is even more simpler way: Discord....I am on line there to help people 8)
pandras81

Post by pandras81 »

I managed to solve the problem. After consulting with Janusz on DISCORD, I tried and failed to update my outdated windows 10. I reinstalled windows up to date, and K3 works fine. Thanks for the help.
stretch

Post by stretch »

Another Fix if Kray 3 install wont work or fails/freezes

Running Win 7, LW 2015.2 - installed latest Kray 3, plugin crashes onload. Fixed by removing the two Kray3 files within <user>\.NewTek\LightWave\ This may be due to me running eailer version of Kray 3. All working now.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

stretch wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:40 am Another Fix if Kray 3 install wont work or fails/freezes

Running Win 7, LW 2015.2 - installed latest Kray 3, plugin crashes onload. Fixed by removing the two Kray3 files within <user>\.NewTek\LightWave\ This may be due to me running eailer version of Kray 3. All working now.
Please contact me on Discord.