install kray3

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
jean-claude

install kray3

Post by jean-claude »

Bonjour

Y a t il quelque un qui parle Français et qui pourrait prendre la main sur mon ordinateur pour me faire l installation de Kray 3 correctement?

Je suis en Suisse. J ai un Mac.

J ai essayé de le faire mais sans succès. Ca plante quand je test.

Je fais surement une erreur.

Merci à la communauté Kray ;-)

JCé
ZodiaQ

Re: install kray3

Post by ZodiaQ »

Please pay attaention, Kray V3 is not yet (production) ready for LW 2018/19.
Only recently a version has been released for LW 2018/19 but it is still a beta stage and likely to crash.
jean-claude

Post by jean-claude »

Merci pour la réponse, mais je l ai installé sur la version 2015 ;-(
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

make sure you only copy the files corresponding to your system.
Create folder for k3 plugins and copy common and MacOs in there except kray3_lw2018.plugin as you said you have LW2015. (kray3_lw11_6.plugin works for 2015 as well)
Start LW and add all files from plugin folder. You should be ready to go
Accom

Post by Accom »

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, just downloaded the trial. I'm also on a mac, OSX 10.14.5, LW 2018.0.7

I followed the installation guide. After copying the .lsc scripts and Kray.plugin to appropriate locations, adding them to LW and restarting the app, I found no way to access the Kray GUI. After browsing arround (I have never used any plugins - out-of-the-box Lightwave allways seemed just fine for my modest requirements) I managed to find the Master Plugins button under Utilities, adding Kray and accesing the GUI. But after hitting render frame, I get this error message: "Plug-in KrayFrame failed to start".

Googled it and found nothing... Should I start reading the internet from the begining? :)

Thanx in advance!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Accom wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm new here, just downloaded the trial. I'm also on a mac, OSX 10.14.5, LW 2018.0.7

I followed the installation guide. After copying the .lsc scripts and Kray.plugin to appropriate locations, adding them to LW and restarting the app, I found no way to access the Kray GUI. After browsing arround (I have never used any plugins - out-of-the-box Lightwave allways seemed just fine for my modest requirements) I managed to find the Master Plugins button under Utilities, adding Kray and accesing the GUI. But after hitting render frame, I get this error message: "Plug-in KrayFrame failed to start".

Googled it and found nothing... Should I start reading the internet from the begining? :)

Thanx in advance!
Hi
Please do not use K3 for LW18-19 is not yet fully operated.
but if you want use for testing here is short info:
1. Create folder called K3 (or whatever you want)
2. Copy all files from Common folder (K3 package)
3. Copy kray3_rsrc.ka (K3 package) to K3 folder.

But I am not sure is G. updated plugin for new Lightwave that's why you get error. It can be you try run plugin for LW15 in LW18....
The reason of that is maybe plugin for OSX is not ready yet.
Can you check LW15 ? I do not heave here OSX to verify this.
Accom

Post by Accom »

Thank you! It works in 11.6.3. with no problems. I'm gonna thoroughly test it out. :)

----- edit -----

But demo is 2.6.1, not 3! I thought it would be 3.something... :(
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Accom wrote:Thank you! It works in 11.6.3. with no problems. I'm gonna thoroughly test it out. :)

----- edit -----

But demo is 2.6.1, not 3! I thought it would be 3.something... :(
Yes probably he updated only LW11 for OSX.
Demo K3 still unavailable.
Accom

Post by Accom »

I must say, I'm impressed... speed is unbeliveable!

Is the timeline for K3 known allready? When can we expect it? Or maybe I just might grab some second hand Wintel Workstation for this.... :D