Questions about Kray3

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Asticles

Questions about Kray3

Post by Asticles »

Sorry, where are the tonemap options if I want to change the exposure without using the tonemap plugin?

Edit: It is planned to change the exposure dinamically on the render buffer without having to re-render? This could be a good addition.

Thanks
Janusz Biela

Re: Questions about Kray3

Post by Janusz Biela »

Forget about static tone mapping..... K3 will have (partly has) all real time tone maps:
- exposure
- gamma
- contrast
- burn out
- white balance
- clip white
- clip dark

G. must just finish VCM and bi-directional GI system render (PPM is ready, also we start test new FG sampling)- then Engine will be ready for this. All will be activated in K3VPR and we will forget about old fashion system render....
Asticles

Post by Asticles »

Thanks for your answer. These are great news.

As a suggestion, there should be also chromatic aberration, vignette and bloom post efects. Only with the idea to need the minimum of work in post production, if you're in a hurry. Also film simulation profiles are a common feature, look at blender, luxrender or thea.

· I've been testing OB3 but had a lot of crashes when changing the engine options. And sometimes the change is ignored. When will OB5 be available for download?
· I've seen that setting hdr image for reflection make the render fail (it is ok with a jpg).
· I like that you can have both k2 and k3 installed, in case you need it.

Have you considered the pipeline with Substance Designer? This is a great tool for material authoring, and there are some shader standars that would be great to be implemented in kray, to minimize the work of importing pbr materials from internet. Maybe this is already discussed.

Reagards
Asticles

Post by Asticles »

About PPM, do you get radiosity clouds, spots and dark corners? I've tested it with yafaray and luxrender. And although it is blazing fast, I always got this problems. Also, setting the search radius properly was a pain. Yafaray has automatic search radius but never managed to get satisfactory results with sppm.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

K2 and K3 can be installed in the same Lightwave - they do not "see" each other. You can consider K3 like new render engine for Lightwave.
K3OB3 and K3OB4 big difference.
Post process is no problem to code: G. told it must be first finished VCM, PPM , bi-directional Path Tracing and new GI sampling (all is ready, we just need to test it), then he can start all features (include multi-light).
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Where are we with Kray3? Is there a version available that I can do real work on or are we still waiting for the proper release? I mean, I know the final release is coming, but can the current available version be used professionally?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Soon OB4. Grzegorz fix now important bugs for this release.
Also very soon I will show new renders.
Asticles

Post by Asticles »

Cannot wait! :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Probably we will move Kray web page to another provider - this actual sucks - too often off line Kray web page.