Texture problems

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
lamerehic

Texture problems

Post by lamerehic »

Hello,

I am working on a interior scene, and i experienced a weird problem..

I got a object (stair ramp) that does not react to texturing. i get reflective surface on it, as i only have 100% diffuse.

Same if i change it's color, it does not render well and keep spec and gray/white color.

In the lw Renderer i get it working properly.

(I did set it up before with a fesnel node.. but as kray kept crashing, i removed it)

Someone has a clue on what's going on?
Attachments
1.jpg
lamerehic

Re: Texture problems

Post by lamerehic »

Ok,

After a few hours of searching tweaking and so, i found the origin of the problem....

I did name the surface with a accent (stupid error from me).... so i could tweak the surface as much as i want, it had no influences on it in kray.

So every thing should be working fine now...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

First what you do when is something wrong just simple turn ON Override mode. By one button you can check fast what is wrong: Nodes, reflection, textures, etc.
thomas

Post by thomas »

Ha! Sometimes the problem (and solution) can be surprising!

It took me a while to understand why the Lightwave 3DS exporter hardly worked for me, and the solution/problem was similar there: it turned out all surface (or was it texture) names needed to be maximum 8 characters long and without spaces - a legacy from the DOS days!
promity

Post by promity »

Another texture/material problem - when you rendering a subpatch animation character the UV interpolation will always back to the linear parameter, so you need every time before rendering scene going to the Modeler and setup again UV Interpolation mode even if it set at subpatch. And press "save" after this - it important moment!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

promity wrote:Another texture/material problem - when you rendering a subpatch animation character the UV interpolation will always back to the linear parameter, so you need every time before rendering scene going to the Modeler and setup again UV Interpolation mode even if it set at subpatch. And press "save" after this - it important moment!
...but you talk about K2 problem?
promity

Post by promity »

Yes, bcaus K3 generally can not render my (not super complexy) character animation scenes.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

promity wrote:Yes, bcaus K3 generally can not render my (not super complexy) character animation scenes.
K2 probably will be not developed anymore (only compatibility with new LW) but if this is important you car write to G. with request + send him bug (simple scene with explanation)
K3 still is in first Phase: making Core working properly without photon map errors...so no animation yet (you can try it, should work something, I did not check this field because is to early)