Ocean / Sea / Water

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
stretch

Ocean / Sea / Water

Post by stretch »

Kray Challenge, Looking at developing a ocean fit for a yacht, something that can used for animation and stills. Attached is where I'm aiming. I think I may need the community's help with this on, so if any one has any Ideas or setups please jump in.

I will be sharing all scenes and presets along the way and hope we can come up with something everyone will be able to use.

Lets kick things off with where I am, Playing with H.O.T. Ocean, https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plug ... lightwave/ - First off, "Fog/mist" in Kray? possible or not?
Attachments
Ocean_1.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Ocean / Sea / Water

Post by Janusz Biela »

Thanks for info!
No LW fog support in Kray...only by z-buffer. In K3 will be both: volumetric fog buffer and normal LW fog.
Will try test it.
stretch

Post by stretch »

Thanks Janusz, Cant wait for the full K3 as ever.

So this is where we are so far, seems to crash randomly 100 frames in or so.

I have attached the scene so far, all comments and ideas very welcome.

http://www.evilmeerkat.co.uk/ROB/UPLOAD ... Test_1.zip
Ocean_Test.mp4
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 274 times
Ocean_Test_1.jpg
Fabian-Eshloraque

Post by Fabian-Eshloraque »

If you can not make the fog in comp you have another option. You can set the transparency of the water object with a distance from camera. Is what the lightwave does internally when using fog.

To make water realistic you need to work a lot on the bumps, best to do it procedural. Just remember that water is mainly reflection, a bit transparency and lighting from a skydome. The water splashing from the boat should be done with particels. We use realflow and sometimes houdini for that.

Hope it helps,

Grtz!