Animation

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Janusz Biela

Re: Animation

Post by Janusz Biela »

ideart wrote:Any news about the 2.61 update?
The past 2 months I was forced to render more than 3000 frames with time interpolation method because GI baking has a loop bug and can't use renderfarm. This caused me to miss my deadline.
Now I have to render new long animations and I really need GI baking.
G. will do update probably today or up to end of this week (today`s mail from him).
Also I will get next K3 update also.
I will post information about update K2.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Main Kray web page contains new Kray 2.61 update. Please check all your problems and if is something not correct, post here please.
..it was small delay with this update but finally it is!
ideart

Post by ideart »

I tested v2.61 with Cornell scene and the problems are still there.
Bake GI loop and "Unable to read current scene".
Tested locally in 2015.2 Lw version
Attachments
Kray unable to read current scene file.jpg
sotto3d.com
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

please post this scene here with this problem (check before it is repeatable).
ideart

Post by ideart »

The scene is the Cornell file that you have provided, the only thing I change was render saving path and the "Unable to read current scene" appears.
To test the bakeGi I removed the balls from Cornell scene and made a 100 frames camera animation. The loop appears.
The looping problem is the most serious for me.
Attachments
Cornell_BakeGI.lws
(55.48 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Cornell.lws
(68.4 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
sotto3d.com
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Thanks for info!
Apparently problem appear randomly here :roll:
When I save lws with correct procedures after that everything is ok.
That situation has only one solution: I have to catch this problem with G. being on-line. Sorry for problems, I will try catch G. as soon possible (likely these errors are not so much bad and we can live with them ...apparently I bit longer then I was thinking :wink: ).
ideart

Post by ideart »

Hi to all.
It seems that I have found a way to eliminate Bake GI looping bug.
After I setup the scene for baking only and I have the scene ready to be baked I save the scene, reload it and then press render.
I tested three scenes that had this looping bug and they are rendered fine.
I hope someone finds it useful.
sotto3d.com
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Thanks for info!
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

ideart wrote:Yes interpolation setting was in the original scene 10 but in the scene I send you I missed adding the zero at the end, I tend to forget often that part, sorry about that and thank you for noticing. Also additional advises from you are always more than welcome.
The scene is rendering flicker free, but it would be nice to have the bake GI option as a additional choice. Thank you for sending the loop issue to G.

ps. I attach a screenshot of the error message

hey guys. this problem it come from lw. once u export ur whole scn in package u wil lget this i remeber . u need to check button reload orignal scn after exporting . or the obj you use like box and spher in layout so when u edit the odel and u send obj to layout again u will get it .

good luck.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

i didnt get this problem :P .
Attachments
Couvercle -Boite sol.jpg
Steel

Post by Steel »

I use Kray 2.62 with LW 2015.3.

Is it right, that in Kray Version 2.62 it is still not possible to Bake GI of moving objects with the "allow Animation" System?
In my scene i still got GI shadows of first frame but no movement. :-(

...and this is correct and it was always that.
GI for moving objects (allow animation system) is from first frame of animation. Allow Animation gives us normal looking object - without this trick our object will be black in next frames. In this system animation render object "travel" with baked GI on him. The shadow of course stay in place - in first frame even if moving object is far away :)
Shadow which you see is interpolated but if you have exterior with Sun , shadow exist in each frame because Sun light comes from Physical Light (Spot Light or Area). Physical lights are independent from GI (Direct Light) - they always gives not interpolated shadow (pure Ray-tracing) and of course interpolated GI after first bounce of photons.

To solve problem with moving objects/light you have two choices:
- Time Interpolation system
- Path Tracing :evil:

In some cases Allow Animation is good. For example when in opening door animation. But when is opposite situation: closing door animation - you will see on the nearest wall shadow from door from first frame even when in the end of animation door are closed....

Bake GI "burn" Photon Map and after GI samples from first frame and there is no chance to change it later.
Steel

Post by Steel »

You Hijack my Post :D . Don´t know who answers me in my own Post. But thanks :D . I have thought that the bad news are "Time interpolation system" or "Path Tracing". First test with Time interpolation still produces Light-Disco.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

No solution for objects in movement with kray 2.62 ?

Thnak you

I am not sure this questions above :oops:
Solutions only two:
- Time Interpolation
- Path Tracing

You can forget second choice, so only stays Time Interpolation.
In this system each frame has his own Photon Map (which is of course random) and to reduce flickering between frames - engine making blending between frames in range which you setup in Kray menu. Also Photon Map can be blended. Do not exist BAKE for this system also you can not stop rendering - must be done whole in once. Good idea is making short camera shoots (100-200 frames). It can not be used also in network - only singular computer.
Steel

Post by Steel »

I´ve tried some differnt Values for "Frames" (2-10-15)but i always get more or less the same photon disco.Here is some result of indirect light animation.
What could i try? Do i have to check "Precached Map" an "Irridiance Cache" https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4a4hm0965kjq ... 1.mp4?dl=0

Or do i have to make some changes in the Photons tab?
Thanks for some hints how to get it stable.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here setting:
ScreenShot003.png
Remember Random Pixel Order (is very important to get better GI) and also I think in your animation you had very low quality sampling.
It must be 2 passes, more FG blur:
ScreenShot004.png
In fact by this setting above you will lose nice contact shadow but this is no so much important in animation.