Kray | LW 11.6 | DP Sunsky

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Steel

Kray | LW 11.6 | DP Sunsky

Post by Steel »

LW 11.6 Build 2723 Win64
Kray 2.5 Build 1223

I have some problems to achieve natural results DP-Sunsky /DP-Sun Light with kray renderer in the latest builds of kray and LW.
With VPR it seems to work like it should do but the kray output is far aways from what i was supposed it should look like. Is kray still able to work with the DP Sunsky /Sunlight plugin in a right way?...or what might be else the reson for the strange output.

See attachment -> Right: Kray output Left:VPR Screenshot
Attachments
Sunsky.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Kray | LW 11.6 | DP Sunsky

Post by Janusz Biela »

Can you just post simple scene with problem? I do not use this system so I have to check.
Steel

Post by Steel »

Here is simple scene with sunsky.

What would u prefer with current Kray 2.5 build to light exterior scenes? I generally love the opportunity to tint the color and balance between sunsky und sunlight.
Attachments
sunsky-temp.zip
(12.23 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I suspected bad tonemaping in your renders but I had to check (strong blue)
Just turn OFF Quick LWF. Do not use strong Exponential in tonemap blending - just more gamma then exponential. If you want exactly same render VPR/Kray , then turn all tonemaps systems in Kray (default Linear).
Steel

Post by Steel »

Ups....i´ve found the problem. All the Kray scripts and Kray Plugin were integrated twice in the scenes masters. now it works like it should do.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Steel wrote:Ups....i´ve found the problem. All the Kray scripts and Kray Plugin were integrated twice in the scenes masters. now it works like it should do.
Yes also this is bad, because setup is taken from top one....
medzo

Post by medzo »

Hi

I need some help how to set up kray settings when using DP Sunsky plugin. I always get to much noise. How to set up the scene so it will render DP Sunsky without noise?
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

u can acheive natural and realsitic render with Kray physky . u need to find good position for sun and tonemaping also play roll .

i try it many mouths this DP sunsky with kray . not good for me . ifound more good way with physky Kray . for me stik with kray physky and try it many times u wil understand how it works . :idea:
Attachments
200001 AA T.jpg