white walls and wood floor

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
lwnewbie

white walls and wood floor

Post by lwnewbie »

Hi guys. newbie here. How do get my walls to look white and the floor to look like its wood texture without bleeding of the 2 colors? I must be doing something wrong in either Kray1.6, or the settings in lightwave textures. a sample to follow. thanx
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Hehe ... i was about writing, turn off Radiosity!
We dont have a specific controller for "bleeding".
Things that defines bleeding is like in the realworld,colourintensity of the materials and it's diffuseness. The numbers of bounces also affects but the difference betwen 16 or 200 bounces arent much noticeable. please send in an example scene so we can try to pinpoint the problem.
Voxel

Post by Voxel »

Try turning the diffuse setting down for the floor. "Diffuse" should be less than 100% usually. "Diffuse" affects the degree of color bleeding in global illumination renderers because they use the "Diffuse" setting to scale the amount of diffuse light emitted from the surface.

Some say that the settings for diffuse, luminosity, reflection and transparency added together should not exceed 100%.

Jon
jure

Post by jure »

Yes this rule of balance is explained more deepely here: http://www.kraytracing.com/manual/gi_in ... #materials
- Jure
lwnewbie

Post by lwnewbie »

Hi guys. thanx for the replies. Hereis what i did to sort of eliminate the bleeding. Please tell me if this is the correct way or not.
First I set up the scene with all the surfaces the same as the white walls. and used the following settings.
photons estimate
global unfiltered
shared GI for all frames checked
Global photons - 20000
N - 200
FG 0.0 MIN-100 MAX-400
FG reflx and FG trans unchecked.
LW settings
ambient light - 0%
GI - 100
Surfaces settings
all surfaces:
color - 255, 255, 255
Lum - 0
Diffuse - 100
Specularity - 100
Gloss - 0
Trans - 0
Color Highlights - 100
Diffuse Sharpness - 100
I then switched to these Kray settings:
photon mapping
cache irradiance - caustics unchecked.
shared GI checked and set for Load GI file.
raised the gamma to 1.5 and left everything else alone.
got the following file.
Attachments
kraytest100000.png
kraytest100000.png (109.79 KiB) Viewed 4630 times
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

look this: http://www.kraytracing.com/forum/viewto ... =1583#1583

In old demo Kray no include Bright/Dark Multiplier - This function perfect work with limited bounce light (recurse 10;) and make V-ray style renders....
jure

Post by jure »

Well you did a workaround acctualy. When you did first render with all white walls you saved GI to a file. Than you loaded this GI into your new render and that's white there is no bleeding.

The contorl for bounced light bleeding is on TO-DO list and you can expect it to be implemented soon.
- Jure
lwnewbie

Post by lwnewbie »

Thanx again 4 the replies. how can make my walls cleaner (whiter) without losing the look of the floor? Secondly how do I use volumetric lighting (as a fireplace)?
lwnewbie

Post by lwnewbie »

Hi Guys. Is there anyway to use volumetric lights with kray demo 1.612?
jure

Post by jure »

lwnewbie wrote:Hi Guys. Is there anyway to use volumetric lights with kray demo 1.612?
Nope. Use LW and composite...

As far as your walls go they look pretty white to me... Don't know what your problem is exactly?
- Jure
lwnewbie

Post by lwnewbie »

Thanx jure. I compared my walls to the one in the picture above, and there about the same. As far the volumetric lighting, i'll have to improvise. thanx again. time to get kraying. :)