EXTERIOR KRAY SETTING

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
talats

EXTERIOR KRAY SETTING

Post by talats »

Hi guys
I am working on this exterior but I still have a lot of things to do, add and fix.
Right now my biggest issue is to achieve a better time of render.
This image has been rendered in about 1 hour and 20

My PC is a Intel Q9550 RAM 8GB

Follow the Kray Settings.

GI RESOLUTION 1M
Global Photons 1000000
Power 1 N 5000 Low 20% High 80%
Precache Distance 100%
Precache Blur 0% Steps 4

FG SETTINGS
Min/Max Rays 100/400
2 Passes
Splotch D 0.1 Sensitivity 0.05
FG TRASPARENCY / REFRACTION yes
Spatial Tolerance 0.07 Angular Tolerance 25 Degrees
Min/Max Distance 200/1000
Blur Samples 2
Path Passes 1 Corner Distance 100%

SAMPLING SETTINGS
AA BOX radius 0.8
GRID 3 FSAA

QUALITY SETTINGS
Blurring Threshold 0.0002 Min/Max Rays 2000/100000 (one hundred thousand, yes, my mistake, I wanted to put 10000) with importancegammamultiplier 2.0
Accuracy 1%

PLUGINS
Physical Sky (turbidity 3 Exp 4)
QLWF GAMMA 2.2 1
Tonemap Blending Gamma 2.2 Exposure 2.2 50%

For the Grass, the plants and the Stones I've Used LW Istances and a QMC with 100 rays (applied by Kraysurfaceoption) Control Diffuse Model: Photon Mapping.

All advices are welcome
Attachments
villa_b.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: EXTERIOR KRAY SETTING

Post by Janusz Biela »

Try maybe render with Path Tracing 4-7 bounce lights. Is quite fast and no setup for that.
talats

Post by talats »

Path tracing with 7 bounces? Where can I set the bounces for path tracing?
And what you think about the kray settings I used? Any advice or comment for the render?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

try this setup:

[youtube]8-woUDviyN8[/youtube]

control of ray depth ray you put in cmds line, for example: recurse 5
talats

Post by talats »

Tried your settings with Path Tracing... Render time become too longer up to forever...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

talats wrote:Tried your settings with Path Tracing... Render time become too longer up to forever...
Did You limited bounce lights? Path Tracing is incredible fast with 3 or 4 bounce. Of course is problem with glass when we reduce bounce light that strongly. If You are not content with speed, then You must wait for K3.0 - there will be many improvements in engine render.
talats

Post by talats »

Janusz Biela wrote:
talats wrote:Tried your settings with Path Tracing... Render time become too longer up to forever...
Did You limited bounce lights? Path Tracing is incredible fast with 3 or 4 bounce. Of course is problem with glass when we reduce bounce light that strongly. If You are not content with speed, then You must wait for K3.0 - there will be many improvements in engine render.
I've set 4 bounces in footer command (recurse 4)... Just the prerender with these parameters take almost the same time I had for the entire render with previous settings with active GI...
I guess there is something wrong. Yesterday I tried to write you on skype to send you the scene for a check... but for some reason my messagges don't reach you ...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Well, Path Tracing is good as no setup solution. Can be fast, but this is depend from scene. For Interiors - forget about it. I do not know what kind of speed render You expect for exterior. This all depends from what is in scene - if are a lot of plants and grass then render must be long, there is no solution for that. Situation can be a bit fixed by better GI engine sampling. Anti aliasing is very depending from GI sampling engine - in Kray AA is pretty fast - no big differences between another software...but GI engine in Kray make it working slow. Why K3.0 will have updates for GI engine and some small updates for AA.

Sadly I have no solution right now for exteriors. We must improvise still.