render slow!! why?

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
nico

render slow!! why?

Post by nico »

hi user!
today i've render a scene (i need to show it to client and after post the render here) but in low resolution 1600*800 it's very very slow!! 2.20h for render

this is my setup, what's can change to accelerate it?
the quality is very good in final render but want change resolution (minim x2) and don't want 5/6h for image!!
thank's for C&C
Attachments
kray_settings.KGcfg
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Janusz Biela

Re: render slow!! why?

Post by Janusz Biela »

Everything is ok except:

1. AA - do not use G4! (AA G4 means 16 passes!) This brings only longer render :wink:
I remind: FSAA G3 Quadratic 1.0 (or 1.2 for big resolutions)

2. recurse 8-10 in Footer Cmds.

Better is not to use Auto in GI resolution. I think better for interiors
is ~300 mm. For final render Pixel Order Random. :idea:
nico

Post by nico »

Ok janusz i thought no auto = + time :!:
Tomorrow change all and re render so can see time difference!!
Thank's
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

nico wrote:Ok janusz i thought no auto = + time :!:
Tomorrow change all and re render so can see time difference!!
Thank's

I think in Auto mode Kray too much increase distance between photons. This produce problems with sampling later (cells are too big and too much go behind corners).
Actually this is not directly connected with speed render but good GI resolution make better contact shadow (photons are closer and Final Gathering has more possibilities to fill up with samples and fill it correctly also). Of course again we stuck with problem how to setup it and again answer is: Skyportals.
All people who are tired with PM and Final Gathering I suggest use render in Path Tracing mode :wink: :D
nico

Post by nico »

hi Janusz with new setup 1.15min!!!
it's a good time!!! there is hight chrome e reflection in scene.
hope post render next week :wink:

with your setup < splotch at corner!!! :mrgreen:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I did not tell You about Final Gathering setup :wink:
There You have too small max rays in Final Gathering option (I use value of that even up to 3000) Also If You have problem with reflection/blurred surfaces that`s mean You have too strong light (this is normal) So also generally You must watch scene and balance light. Strong light affect noise in blur and this make longer render because You must increase min/max for blur. From my experience You can keep blur setup around 200/1000 - but this need really good light setup (If You will try make brightness from one lumi lamp inside a room then of course You will never smooth blur quality. Is better make fake bulb and increase brightness by hidden lumi poly or area lights around this bulb. Also size of light has influence for quality. The smallest source of light then bigger problems with splotches, blur, etc. :idea: