Realistic Node Texturing tutorial

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
jonathlee

Realistic Node Texturing tutorial

Post by jonathlee »

Any tutorial recommendation on using node base texture editor to create realistic texture please?

Been trying hard but seems clueless with the relationship of the material settings.....

(btw; do we need to learn the new way to create realistic texture in Kray 3.0?)
Janusz Biela

Re: Realistic Node Texturing tutorial

Post by Janusz Biela »

jonathlee wrote:Any tutorial recommendation on using node base texture editor to create realistic texture please?

Been trying hard but seems clueless with the relationship of the material settings.....

(btw; do we need to learn the new way to create realistic texture in Kray 3.0?)

System will be release with K3.0 + tutorial. I created whole system almost for all materials. But why we need tutorial is that because there is kind of BASE for all surfaces and this must be explain. Of course will be also ready surfaces base (load and render) but I do not want create hundreds surfaces which make confuse. Let`s say truly: for example for interiors You need maybe 10-20 different surfaces (imho even less!) rest surfaces are just clones whit different fresnel, blur and bump. But what is the most important is this BASE is starting point which will allow You to create Your surfaces.
My Idea is not to create Nodes but system which doesn`t BEND physic. A lot of users "fly" up/down with diffuse "cheating" by this whole render and by this receiving wrong results.
System works well , is close to real behavior of surfaces and if user will receive wrong render by this it means: is wrong light or tonemaping. Why will be also tutorial with those parts of render.
Imho system of Nodes in LW is incredible rich - I think doesn`t exist similar in another software. Also I am not fan of complicated Nodes (to make hundreds connections) ...I like system or/not/add/multiply which I created with Jure by real observations.
Also there is some gaps which we can not fill - velvet, good looking glass, anisotropic reflection (they are just simulators in Nodes) and this surfaces will be done in Future in K3.0 as shaders.

In the end: system works well :) Now I do not pay attention for diffuse (is AUTO)
standard materials (wood, metal, chrome, plastic etc) looks very realistic . Renders are fast (no strange Nodes inside) , in some cases one texture can be used many times! - and still You will receive different surfaces - so save time and memory, sections and connection in Node are logical and is easy to recognize what is for what.
nico

Post by nico »

yeah janusz, we don't need "food ready"....we need to know the basic for a good texturing.
i ask this to newtek, in lw forum but nobody explain as obtein a good and realistic material used node editor!!! so you can help us.
i think that you and jure are doing a lot for us and want to know how to say thank you :wink: :!:

best regards and happy Easter holidays
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

nico wrote:yeah janusz, we don't need "food ready"....we need to know the basic for a good texturing.
i ask this to newtek, in lw forum but nobody explain as obtein a good and realistic material used node editor!!! so you can help us.
i think that you and jure are doing a lot for us and want to know how to say thank you :wink: :!:

best regards and happy Easter holidays

Be patient, please. I do not want mix new ideas in old Kray.
Grzegorz told me: just make our "business" without watching another people...
btw Nodes - do not worry I will explain in tutorial whole system - is really easy and doesn`t need huge knowledge.
Of course Nodes will be evaluate so will be better and better.
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

Thank you all so much for the reply. As using node to create realistic texture with real world physics has been difficult.

Btw Janusz, will the base node texture affects differently on tone mapping and gamma settings?

Node setting and Kray Shaders (multipliers, ray control and etc) will also merged together?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jonathlee wrote:Thank you all so much for the reply. As using node to create realistic texture with real world physics has been difficult.

Btw Janusz, will the base node texture affects differently on tone mapping and gamma settings?

Node setting and Kray Shaders (multipliers, ray control and etc) will also merged together?
...why Interior/exterior button will be forced in menu with tonemap and setup in Kray (not to make confusion). Choosing those button + Nodes You will be sure render will be correct and will keep good level of realism. I want keep close to physic behavior as much is possible without loosing time render (to keep complicate materials are quite death end) . Of course remember doesn`t exist real physic render ...even Maxwell is big fake - this is just software which try be closer reality.

About tonemaping - this is big problem because everything is done in this department and is nothing new.
The best solution is LWF Gamma, but is hard to keep light by this tonemap in correct level.
Exponential is the worst ever ...Linear has no future. Additional HSV is just mistake...
Actually still I search best solution ...I think blending LWF