Crashing after a feel frames on Animated GI

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
marteiro

Crashing after a feel frames on Animated GI

Post by marteiro »

I'm using LW 11.0.3 and Kray 2.5.1 to do some Animated GI using the default preset...

Everything goes well when trying to render single frames. But when i try to render the animation lightwave craches at the end of the 5th frame.

I thought could the problem could be the new Bullet Dynamics plugin, so i converted every dynamics for MDD and reloaded but with no success. I tried reinstalling the plugin, reinstalling LW and the plugin, also tried LW 10, but no way a could get this to work. I was about to try LW 9 but i can't get it to work again because i changed my Newtek dongle. My scene has just two object, no fancy materials, just diffuse, simple reflective and one light emitter. No other plugins being used.

I'm running on a Retina MBP with 16GB RAM on OSX 10.8.2. I'm also including the Kray Log as well as the Sysntem LOG file and link to a zip file with the scene and object but running with Bullet Dynamics since the MDD file is too heavy to post.

Scene files:
http://bitlock.com.br/compartilhar/Files.zip

hope to solve the problem, i just purchased Kray for this animation and is pretty frustrating.

Thanks,

Marcelo Arteiro
Attachments
SysLog.txt
Mac OS X System Crash LOG
(76.67 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
kraylog.txt
Kray LOG
(58.54 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
jure

Re: Crashing after a feel frames on Animated GI

Post by jure »

I tested on Windows and it works. So it looks like it's mac plugin issue. I will assign this to developer to check it out.
- Jure
Joearchi

Post by Joearchi »

I tried on my imac late 2009 core i7, 8Gb RAM, snow leopard.
So far (frame 6) so good.
While loading the scene, I've got a warning about a missing plugin (maxwell layered material) though. Maybe you should clean it, third party plugin should make some trouble with a renderer that doesn't support them.
marteiro

Post by marteiro »

Yes, I tried maxwell after I had no luck with kray. It's the same without it.

Thanks for testing.