Surface Mixer shader

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
jotta

Surface Mixer shader

Post by jotta »

Hello i have a quiestion maybe some one knows how to help me. I need to render a group of objets (30 tables) with a lot of materials each one, and i would like to make it the fastest and easy way, rendering and animation with the same table in the same position and then one frame for each material.

Outside Kray i have seen that i can make it with multiple "surf mixer" shader and enveloping then to make my table material change in each frame. Do you know a way to do something similar that kray will render?
surf mixer.jpg
Thank you very much[
vpii

Re: Surface Mixer shader

Post by vpii »

That is a hard one. No idea how to do that. Only thing I can think of is maybe save object multi times for each surface applied and name it in a series and use a load on demand for each frame of animation. I may be way off of what you are trying to do.
jotta

Post by jotta »

vpii wrote:That is a hard one. No idea how to do that. Only thing I can think of is maybe save object multi times for each surface applied and name it in a series and use a load on demand for each frame of animation. I may be way off of what you are trying to do.
that would be a lot of work. 30 tables, saved with about 15 materials, i should have 450 objets to handle. With surface mixer i only have to save the surface preset with the multiple surface mixer applied, load one table, apply the surface to the table and hit F10 :wink:
vpii

Post by vpii »

Yes it would be to much for sure. Wish I could be more of help. Was just throwing out ideas not really understanding what needed to be done. Good luck.
jure

Post by jure »

Here's an idea:
use multi switch Material together with Time info node (can be downloaded in db&w tools pack).
Attachments
ScreenShot004.png
- Jure
jotta

Post by jotta »

Thank you very much. is the multi switch node working in LW 9.6? I can´t see it in the the materials node. I guess its new in lightwave 10 or 11.

Regards
jure

Post by jure »

jotta wrote:Thank you very much. is the multi switch node working in LW 9.6? I can´t see it in the the materials node. I guess its new in lightwave 10 or 11.

Regards
It was most likely added in LW10 or 11, not sure.
- Jure
jotta

Post by jotta »

Ok, multi-switch comes in LW 11. But when i use multi switch node, LW crash :(

Don´t crash with single switch. Multi switch its the problem :evil:
jotta

Post by jotta »

No, it isn´t multi switch the problem. When one of the materials have reflection blur it crash :?: