strange question

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
albertos2008

strange question

Post by albertos2008 »

hello everybody,
first of all many thanks to jure for the new release...

I have a "strange" request...

do anybody knows if there is any chances to use LW11 togheter with LW9.6 modeler in a normal way?

I know it's a strange request.. but I have e lot of plugs (pictrix) that doesn't work with lw11 modeler...

thanks!
and happy instancing

Alberto
jnom

Re: strange question

Post by jnom »

Which modeller plugins don't work in lw 11? I haven't really used most of pictrix plugs atleast the non essential ones.
Probably its not possible to run different lw 9.6 and lw 11 version. Only possible to run 64bit layout and 32bit modeller if both are same lw version.
albertos2008

Post by albertos2008 »

yes you're right.. the plugins problem it's just on the 64bit version... (I often use SP_move, rotate and scale... very useful, better than LWcad snaps)

so I will use 64bit layout and 32bit modeler... you know how to combine togheter?

thanks!

Alberto
jnom

Post by jnom »

If you launch 64bit layout FIRST and open scene then open 32bit modeller they will sync.
If you close any of the two appz you will have to start the same procedure again but exit hub first before doing procedure.
I haven't used lw 11 modeller much so if there's any issue with plugins would be great to know.
mrwiggles

Post by mrwiggles »

albertos2008 wrote:hello everybody,
first of all many thanks to jure for the new release...

I have a "strange" request...

do anybody knows if there is any chances to use LW11 togheter with LW9.6 modeler in a normal way?

I know it's a strange request.. but I have e lot of plugs (pictrix) that doesn't work with lw11 modeler...

thanks!
and happy instancing

Alberto
You can do this changin the hub configuration file:
You can open it whit the text editor, make a backup before, just in case of mess.

In the HUB64.CFG and HUB32.CFG there are two lines, you must setup they as:

ProcessName 1 LWModeler "directory of modeler 32bit.exe" Directory where you have the hub.cfg file ->( EG. c:\user\youruser\.Newtek\Lightwave\11.0)
Same for the other process
ProcessName 1 LWLayout "directory of layout 64bit.exe" Directory where you have the hub.cfg file

You must change the lines in the 32 and 64 hub.cfg files both.
in this way doesn't matter which program you start first.

For example my process lines are:
ProcessName 1 LWModeler "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.0_32\bin\Modeler.exe" C:\Users\myuser\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0 C:\Users\myuser\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0
ProcessName 1 LWLayout "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.0_64\bin\Layout.exe" C:\Users\myuser\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0 C:\Users\myuser\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0

Hope it helps :?
jnom

Post by jnom »

Thanks that works!! :mrgreen:
albertos2008

Post by albertos2008 »

thanks!.. that's useful...
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

u can work both 2 modeler . for exmple if u use lw9.6 modeler u just open lw 11.5 or 10+ and click on obj name tab . above layers obj he will import it automaticly i try it .